Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rock-S
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to get Blueprint stage 2 cams . Until now I run stock 06 exhaust. I tried a Comptech catback but It was too loud and give no gain.
After many research It seems that in terms of performance the T1R would be great. What about noise?
Another option is top keep my OEM exhasut even with cams. What do you think about that?

Thanks for your opinion....

PS: To improve my outing flow I keep in mind Fujitsubo RM01-A... I heard very opinons on the web but not on this forum...

·
iT's ThE vTeC mAfIa Yo!
1,259 Posts
with stage 2 cams you really need a 3 in setup to get max hp... thermal, skunk2, or custom for 3in... if you dont mind sacrificing max hp a little, you need 2.5in for sure so, comptech, vibrant tpv, buddy club prospec or specIII. if i where you id go thermal or custom...

the t1r is nice but get the 70m if you go that route, its almost big enough

·
she loves it
36,225 Posts
the t1r is loud. and raspy too. but it'll sound different with cams, so i don't know how that would affect the tone.

·
Q_Q
8,104 Posts
if you dont care about brand name you could go custom 2.5inch kteller piping to a magnaflow round muffler as a resonator and an oval magnaflow muffler at the end of it. my buddy has this setup on his stg 2 bp cams + other goodies to make 261ish hp at church automotive [240ish on a dynojet] and its relatively quiet :thumbsup:

·
Rock-S
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you dont care about brand name you could go custom 2.5inch kteller piping to a magnaflow round muffler as a resonator and an oval magnaflow muffler at the end of it. my buddy has this setup on his stg 2 bp cams + other goodies to make 261ish hp at church automotive [240ish on a dynojet] and its relatively quiet :thumbsup:
It is a very interesting option. Essentially cause you say its relatively quiet.
3inch exhaust is definitely not for me.
Anaother point . I measure it my when I had my comptech and it is 2.36in interior.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts