Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

What's the word on the Koni Yellows available for the RSX? Are they stiff enough for Autocross, or do they need to be revalved? I'm of the mentality that you can't get shocks stiff enough for the rear of a stock class front wheel drive autocross car (compensating for not be able to replace the rear sway bar). So to those that have them, how are the Koni's for Autocrossing? Do you still get a signifacant amount of body roll? How's the overall balance of the car? What settings do you race with?

Thanks,

Jason

·
walks softly
127 Posts
I can't speak from Konis on a RSX experience, but from other applications I say revalve them. I had planned to send the inserts, oem front struts and rear shocks to Kumar and have him work his majic. I would also most likely get the rears converted to DA like the Celica boys. Kumar did the Konis on my old STS GTi and it was a night and day difference. Off the shelf Konis are nice but in my mind they could always use more rebound, especially for autocross.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking. Can you PM me with Kumar's contact info? (Does he work for True Choice?). How about ProParts? I know a bunch of people that have DA koni shocks by them. Are they more expensive?
I think I'm going to go with the DA's for the back shocks- Like you said, that's what the competition has- and I'm tired of making excuses, so I'm going to do this car right from the beginning. Should be fun!! :)

-Jason

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
According to Koni .....

we can also take a factory housing and convert it into a double adjustable if the customer is looking to go that route. This would run $645 per strut or $550 per strut if the customer has already installed a coilover sleeve. We require a housing to be provided by the customer for the conversion. We can not convert an insert to a double adjustable. Also, if they want a shorter housing, we can do this at the same time. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

So if you install the Single adjustibles in the strut housings and send that to Koni, or whom ever you are having the work done, they should be able to make them Double adjustible. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it looks like I'll have to get an extra set of front stock shocks to send out to them then. It is the front shocks that are the inserts right? It wouldn't make a difference if these were Type S struts or not, would it- they'd just be tearing them apart anyways?

Thanks,

Jason

·
walks softly
127 Posts
To save on down time and for spares, I would highly recommend getting another set of front struts. I do not think there is a difference in the bodies of RSX struts, and the bodies are all you need. Good luck.

·
Registered
715 Posts
did they fix the konis probs already? because before the shocks on other RSX leaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts