Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Satin Silvaaaa
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of eyelids? I'm thinking about doing them when I get my body kit (C-West N1) installed.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The shape of the eyelid is a major deciding factor. I have seen some good ones and some ugly ones.

·
Satin Silvaaaa
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the Chargespeed eyelids? I liked those the best. I thought the others were too thin.

·
"Ethical" Hacker
1,340 Posts
Eyelids look pretty cool if you have a CF hood, IMHO. They help to kind of provide a "frame of paint" around the edge of the hood, a nice contrasting border... Looks better on lighter colors like SSM...

Out of the four types available from club rsx, I'd say the Initial-D ones look the best...

EDIT: Initial-D's are INGS Replicas...

·
CRSX Father of Two
4,874 Posts
Personally, I'm not a fan, but everybody likes different things, so do what you think looks good. If you're going to paint them , it's going to be expensive unless you have something else for the shop to paint at the same time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
DaveOHr said:
What about the Chargespeed eyelids? I liked those the best. I thought the others were too thin.
Personally I liked the INGs replica eyelids better than the Chargespeed set. You dont want them to be too thick. I know some people who have used color matched vinyl and made their own custom eyelids. That could be an idea for you.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Michael said:
Yea, Ive seen those in the past. Anyone know who sells those custom vinyl eyelids?
I'm pretty sure there was a member of this board that sold some custom vinyl eyelids. Thought he had a couple different designs (could be wrong). I'll see if I can conjure up his name somewhere.

·
Enslaved to Money
1,525 Posts
I think there was this one guy with a celica, named Bat? But i havent seen him post on here lately. I dont know how i would cut the shape myself. If someone has a DIY that would be helpful.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Michael said:
I think there was this one guy with a celica, named Bat? But i havent seen him post on here lately. I dont know how i would cut the shape myself. If someone has a DIY that would be helpful.
Yeah that sounds familiar. I think that was him. If you do a search for his screen name, you might be able to find an E-mail address for him.

·
28,750 Posts
The vinyl looks cheap and crappy. It has no thinkness/texture to it compared to the fiberglass/urethane/cf eyelids. I say get the real eyelids (all of them - C-West, Ings, CS2 - except for Roja's look good).

·
Rage With the Machines
1,280 Posts
yeah ....i have CF eyelids....
got em off ebay....they look like the Ings but dont curve at the end

1 - 18 of 18 Posts