Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I took a bit of time a couple nights ago to double check my clearances I was getting on my mains in my rebuild. I used the block and crank codes to get my colors and bought all brand new oem bearings. My plan for the motor is going to be a high compression N/A motor with high lift cams. Just wanting opinions on what I found. I know plastgauge is not the most accurate way, but gives a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
14,189 Posts
Based on what your buidling, I'd suggest running as close to oem specs for clearence.

According to your pictures, it looks like your in the ballpark.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Like Ransom said, Base it on the OEM specs. I rebuilt my engine a year ago with oem bearings all

around and never once did i took a micrometer to it. I just bought a lot of plastigauge and went

with those reading and all mines read within spec. Good rule of thumb is, do it once to check, twice

to make sure, and the last time to be completely confident with the measurements. My engine was

rebuilt by me over a year ago, 20000+ miles with high comp, aftermarket cams, street tune, and

fun runs here and there and no leaks or problem what so ever. Follow the manual specification and

you'll do fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
ive ran .0015 on wrx engines, sti engines, and my k20.

the important thing is that you run the proper clearence for the horsepower you're looking to be at. for your build, you're right on target. sure your one journal seems to be half a thousandth large but im confident that you will be fine. BTW, both wrx and sti engines made over 400whp and never had a bearing failure. this was at 25psi idle oil pressure and 80psi by 4,500rpm. the k20 is unknown as its not in the car yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts