Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a co-worker with a B18 Civic Hatch. Sweet car, fast as all hell. He had an AEM SRI with a custom scoop molded to the front corner of his hood. It was nicely done, looked very professional and obviously gives that SRI some cooler air.

What are your opinions on doing that with an RSX. Either Injen or AEM SRI right up there under the hood, with a nice custom scoop cut and molded into the hood.

You think it would possibly get up there close to the CIA's performance? I personally don't wanna go CIA on my car...Hydrolock sucks.... I've known 3 people who have trashed engines simply because of their CIA and the Bypass valves failing.

So 2 B16's and a B18 have met the graveyard due to CIA and I don't want my K20 to join em.

So what ya guys think? Custom scoop right above a SRI sound like a good plan?

·
6,734 Posts
It would look funny since the placement of the filter actually is right below your windshield washer. But, hey, your car, put the scoop on and be different. Personally, the whole "CAI Hydrolock theory is BS" my opinion. I run my car hard in the rain all the time, when it rains and have had ZERO problems.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's not CIA, it's CAI. So far we've had four cars come in due to CAI and hydrolock issues since December at my dealership...but they were all Civics hehe.

You talk about a scoop and SRI. Cool. But what happens when it rains? What are you going to cover the scoop with? How are you going to prevent rain getting into your engine bay? A scoop way over by where the filter is will look kinda ghetto and ghey.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Are you serious you don't know? How many eletrical items do you have under your hood? What does water and electricity do when they get together? Conduct more electricity right? You will start frying shit. Keep water away from connectors, alternator, your coil packs, and whatever else uses electricity...which is almost everything. A few sprinkles here and there most likely won't do anything but when you got three scoops traveling on the freeway at 65-70 MPH in the rain...you oughta be like :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts