Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this spring I want to do the following to my car - obviously, I gotta spread it out a little. What should I do first?

2003 Satin Silver base manual

* Tint (30% all around, I think - will this be dark enough?)

* Rims (I'll take the ADR elites posted here for sale, or another 17" gunmetal/polished lip set - open to buying used)

* Eibach Pro-kit

* Type R/OEM/c-west body kit

* CAI (Injen or Comptech Icebox) - another question here: I've seen a few posts note that Comptech has better low-end gains and that the Injen is all top-end. For a daily-driver, I would suspect the Comptech would make more of a difference in the 'feel' of the car. What do you think?

Any input appreciated - I want my car to be smooth by the end of the summer :driving:

·
Korican
874 Posts
changeagent said:

1)Tint (30% all around, I think - will this be dark enough?)
2) Rims (I'll take the ADR elites posted here for sale, or another 17" gunmetal/polished lip set - open to buying used)
3) Eibach Pro-kit
4) Type R/OEM/c-west body kit
5) CAI (Injen or Comptech Icebox) - another question here: I've seen a few posts note that Comptech has better low-end gains and that the Injen is all top-end. For a daily-driver, I would suspect the Comptech would make more of a difference in the 'feel' of the car. What do you think?
1= Is a great mod, tint always is good. 2) Go for what you like, used is good. 3) They are more expensive then other springs, how about some H&R or Tein. 4) Like number three, go for what you like. This should be your last mod IMO. 5) Usually the intake is the first mod, when it comes to dyno's they all really perform the same. There are so many factors that effect a dyno. So once again go for what you like. If you can't decide then let price guide you.

Ice Box is $275.00, some folks like it, then there are alot of folks who don't. Injen Cold Air intake $227.00, or AEM CAI $197.00, and the AEM V2 $257.00 which has gotton alot of praise. Injen claims to have dyno results that prove there CAI makes the same if not better then the V2. Then again when it comes to intakes and exhaust, alone you will feel a difference from stock, but you can not tell between the products when daily driving.

So the order I would go with is #5,#3,#1,#2, and #4
:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would do the easy and least expensive ones first.

1. Tint
2. Comptech Icebox - I have V2 myself and love it. I bought it because of ease of installation and it was less expensive than the icebox. If you have the extra money, go with comptech icebox because it's a true cold air intake and you don't have to worry about warranty issues because comptech parts are Acura approved.
3. Suspension upgrade. Once again if you have the extra money get the best suspension for the Acura RSX. I don't know which is best as I don't have first hand experience in this so do a search.
4&5. Get your body kit first and then the rims.
6. How about an exhaust - don't you want one?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure I really want/need an exhaust... from what I've heard, it's more for the sound than the extra hp, which is negligible. Am I wrong?

Right now, I'm thinking it will go something like this:

1. Tint
2. Rims
3. Springs
4. Body kit
5. Comptech

we'll see... is it cheaper to get rims/springs done together? get the whole thing cambered right the first time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts