Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with my 06 RSX Base. Tonight I was driving in the rain and every time light reflected over my front windshield, I couldn't see a thing. Not sure what it is fog or smudges caused by my front windshield wipers--even though I just changed them 2 weeks ago. But for some reason, the front windshield wipers rub again the glass. Took it to a few mechanics and they don't have a straight answer other than buy new metal wiper arms.

I took a rag and wiped the inside of the front windshield nothing changed. Wiped the outside of my front windshield and it was fine. A few swipes later from front my window shield wipers and it was fogged again.

The back wipe and window are fine.

I'm not sure if it's even fog since it only shows up when there is a reflection of light. I drove down dark roads and it was perfect. As soon as there was a light post, I was blind.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Total stab in the dark. You got wiper blades with some treatment, like Rainx that's incompatible with something already on the glass.
Use Windex or similar and clean it good, inside & out, then follow up with an application of Rainx or similar on the outside only.
Whatever is currently on the glass is causing refraction of the light. Or your windshield is made from a giant diamond.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Something on the windshield is smearing and causing a residue to be left over. Sounds like after you wiped the outside it was fixed/fine for a little while before the wipers smeared it again. I would replace the rubber with something non coated and return the brand new ones you have. Then clean and rain-x the outside.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was your A/C on by any chance? If your windshield is colder than the air temperature and its humid out moisture will attract to it and start forming on it. Mine does it all the time in the summer I just blast the heat on defrost until the windshield gets hot and it goes away

1 - 5 of 5 Posts