Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was tunned to push 5psi but i only push that between 35%-50% throttle, when i open up 100%, i'm boosting at 10psi. Why is this happening. I know with the colder weather i can expect some increase in boost by like 1-3psi, but i jumped all the way to an extra 5! Is this safe to be pushing 10psi with a stock motor and why am i overboosting by so much???

also, i was tunned rich by CN since the colder air would make me more stoich, the odd thing is that the colder it gets the more air i cut. I was told to be at -28% from 1000-3200rpm and +20 from 4000-4600 and +30 from 5200-7600. I really cut the fuel to like -38% on low throttle from 1000-2200 and 0% on 3200 at low throttle and +20 at 3200-4600 at high throttle. I noticed that i'm running more in the yellow (stoich); but would like to know if this is the reason i'm overboosting????? At CN i was tunned in 90 degree weather, its now in the 20's!

all input is appreciated....i'm still learning....and quick too!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
sageprime1 said:
i was tunned to push 5psi but i only push that between 35%-50% throttle, when i open up 100%, i'm boosting at 10psi. Why is this happening. I know with the colder weather i can expect some increase in boost by like 1-3psi, but i jumped all the way to an extra 5! Is this safe to be pushing 10psi with a stock motor and why am i overboosting by so much???

also, i was tunned rich by CN since the colder air would make me more stoich, the odd thing is that the colder it gets the more air i cut. I was told to be at -28% from 1000-3200rpm and +20 from 4000-4600 and +30 from 5200-7600. I really cut the fuel to like -38% on low throttle from 1000-2200 and 0% on 3200 at low throttle and +20 at 3200-4600 at high throttle. I noticed that i'm running more in the yellow (stoich); but would like to know if this is the reason i'm overboosting????? At CN i was tunned in 90 degree weather, its now in the 20's!

all input is appreciated....i'm still learning....and quick too!
Check the lines to your wastegate and bov. Also, check the bolts that connect the Wastegate to the Exhaust manifold. You might have a leak somewhere or the whole problem could be the cold weather. I've never had boost creep that jolted up 5psi; it usually jumps 2psi.

Edit: BTW, why did you cut the fuel so much especially in the cold weather?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Akward, I use to run rich everytime my foot was on the gas, but like you said the colder it gets the less rich and more stoich (sometimes lean) it gets. And by the way it's like 10 - 20 degrees here at night. So my money is on the denser air.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cut the fuel cause i when i called to talk with Lee he told me to set most of the low throttle to -28, and that was puttin me on the rich side by like 4-5 green's out of 6. So, i wanted a little more power and i'm tired of running rich all the time especially if i'm not boosting. I got the idle to bounce back in forth on the yellow and green, which Lee said is what u want to be. I wanted this same ratio for all of the rpm ranges in low throttle. I came close with the settings i'm at, which is between -35% and -40%

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
yeah I thought that in the cold weather you need to run more fuel cause it leans out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts