Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
RseX
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over by a undercover state trooper driving a Dodge Charger. He came out no where. He said he clocked me when i was passing a dump truck. So he gave me a ticket for speeding 82 in a 65mph zone. I spoke with an attorney and he is charging me 485. Now i asked him if there is a guarantee that this will be taken care of. He said they are not allowed to guarantee anything. My question is what are the chances of the case going bad and my insurance goes up and all the other charges that is associated with this speeding ticket.

One more thing, this is my 5th or 6th ticket, but my family memebers and i have never used prayer for judgment.

What should i do?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well if you got a pretty bad driving record, its hard for the judge to drop a speeding charge like that, i think you might get like a plea bargain and some driving school. thats what i always get.

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
Where you located so we all know? there pretty much gonna give u the ticket especially if its ur second speeding and ur 5th or 6th ticket, you can plea for a lesser charge but depends if it happens.

P.S. If your in MA i warned a bunch of people in the NE forum about the chargers lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just got a ticket a couple of weeks ago for 9 over i have 2 priors. My lawyer said he'd get it dismissed or improper equipment for $120. The ticket itself was $125. I've used him before and he always helps. GET A LAWYER! it has saved my insurance rates.

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
haha any officer in uniform can ticket you, hell we even have 500's/fusions and expeditions that can ticket you lol all unmarked with just your basic hideaway strobes

·
Registered
166 Posts
I lawyer up for anything that might affect my insurance, and I have a pretty bomb lawyer and she only charges 250... Ask around who is the top traffic attourney in town.

Reactions: DC5R4

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
I had girlfriend and her dad was a cop. What he told me was when i go to court ask for a jury trial it's ur right. And to avoid costing the state money the cop will usually make a deal. Or if it does go to the jury usually ppl hate cops enough that they side w/ u (if u have a good sob story). I got 3 tickets in one night. One for exhaust, one for manner of driving (failure to use turn signal) and reckless driving. I told the judge i had a exhaust leak but was fixed (i was running open headers) so he droped that one. The manner of driving was no pts and only 60 bucks so i just paid it and the reckless driving i went to a trail. And i got off cause i told them i missed 2nd gear and thats what the cop heard (he said i was street racing and i was) but i pointed out that no other car came around the corner (they turned off) so who was i racing and they believed me and droped it.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
if i was u i would def ask for a trial and then see if the cop will make a deal. If not then i would make up some story about how a friend or wife or somebody was in a bad section of town w/ a broken down car and u were the only one they would call and u were hurring to get to them u know it was dangerous and ur sorry and u won't do it again.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
I don't know about nc i just know down here in sc it works sometime it's worth a shot

Reactions: DC5R4
1 - 20 of 104 Posts