Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I bought this car back in July actually, got it with 85k miles on it. However I’m just getting on the forum.
I bought the car as it is right now, boltons with a minor tune: N/A AEM Cold air intake, vibrant race header, 2.5” catback exhaust, motor mount upgrades, and a short shifter.
I’ve put 12k miles on it since I bought it, and since I graduated I’ve started doing minor things to it that I’ve read about here, from a taillight gasket replacement to manual transmission fluid (oem honda) and motor oil chnages (castrol edge full synth).
Over the next year or so I’d like to make the switch to forced induction, though it would be modest in many ways since I’d still like to daily the car.
See y’all around!

Attachments

·
Past Driver’s Ed
506 Posts
Your RSX looks spotless. Even for a daily driver, forced induction mods don’t have to be done on a modest level if it’s done correctly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Car is very clean, but i'm confused, looks like an 05-06 front, with a 02-04 rear spoiler.
am i wrong, or am i seeing things... lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your RSX looks spotless. Even for a daily driver, forced induction mods don’t have to be done on a modest level if it’s done correctly.
Thanks! I’ve started talking to some people over the weekend who were saying the same thing: it largely depends on the tuner, so I’ll keep that in mind and maybe I’ll be less modest.

Thanks reddirtross!

Car is very clean, but i'm confused, looks like an 05-06 front, with a 02-04 rear spoiler.
am i wrong, or am i seeing things... lol
Thank you! Not very sure about the spoiler actually. It only clears about an inch above the trunk, and I assumed the 02-04 style is the one that’s another 3 to 4 inches up. I saw yours in your new user post and though that was a neat one. Yours is OEM 05-06?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes that is a 02-04 spoiler, 05-06 has a solid lip type spoiler attached to the hatch lip.
post a rear view pic of the car. A big wing on the rear is from Aspec, and Type R.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks! I’ve started talking to some people over the weekend who were saying the same thing: it largely depends on the tuner, so I’ll keep that in mind and maybe I’ll be less modest.

Thanks reddirtross!

Thank you! Not very sure about the spoiler actually. It only clears about an inch above the trunk, and I assumed the 02-04 style is the one that’s another 3 to 4 inches up. I saw yours in your new user post and though that was a neat one. Yours is OEM 05-06?
Most welcome. It's really a great ride you've got there. Very impressive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts