Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the anti type-r spoiler
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black RSX owners pls read

I'd like to know how you guys are doing with the black color. I've heard around that its the hardest color to keep clean. I'd like to know how often the black RSX gets dirty and what causes it. Can you even drive it the whole week when its always sunny without getting too much noticable dirt? Also, are you guys content with your RSX's black color? Or do you wish you'd gone with another. :confused: BTW - How well does Black manage during winter?

·
Intentionally Left Blank
1,331 Posts
This is my 4th Black Acura.

89 LS
95 GSR
98 GSR
02 RSX Type S

I have no problem keeping it clean. It shows dirt more than some other colors, but it takes me about 20 minutes to give it a wash, then NOTHING looks better!

Here in MA, and when I lived in Vermont, the roads can take their toll, but again, it happens to all colors. If anything, my cars haved stayed cleaner in the Winter because I hate seeing spray marks behind the wheels, which obviously show up more clearly on a Black vehicle.

Lump, who always bets on Black.

:cool:

T

·
0 Posts
This is my second black car and NEVER had one regret, in fact, I'd regret not having it in black. I take great pleasure in detailing my car so that does not bother me at all. The only downside is that they get damn hot when left in the sun particularly with the ebony interior.

Did either of you notice the blue 'sparkles' in the paint? When you look at it in direct sunlight it is very noticeable...I really like that...I guess that's why they call it black pearl.

http://communities.msn.ca/ToochsPics/mycar.msnw

N

·
0 Posts
well....it's a known fact that black cars yeild the BEST results when freshly polished/detailed. no other color will show just how clean and glass-like/reflective it's surface is than black. however, it's not the color for a lazy man!! you must clean it. my Si is my second black car, and owning a black car has turned me slightly obsessive compulsive. i wash my car 3-4 times a week if the weather is crappy, 1-2 times a week if it's sunny.

my suggestions. buy a car duster. it's the BEST way to remove the excess dust/crap that settles on your paint. if you remove this stuff with the duster BEFORE it has a chance to settle into your paint, it will prevent water spotting, and keep your car looking so fresh and SSSSSOOOOOOO clean:D

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
nycivicsi said:
well....it's a known fact that black cars yeild the BEST results when freshly polished/detailed. no other color will show just how clean and glass-like/reflective it's surface is than black. however, it's not the color for a lazy man!! you must clean it. my Si is my second black car, and owning a black car has turned me slightly obsessive compulsive. i wash my car 3-4 times a week if the weather is crappy, 1-2 times a week if it's sunny.

my suggestions. buy a car duster. it's the BEST way to remove the excess dust/crap that settles on your paint. if you remove this stuff with the duster BEFORE it has a chance to settle into your paint, it will prevent water spotting, and keep your car looking so fresh and SSSSSOOOOOOO clean:D
The car duster is an excellent tip. Many detail shops have told me the same.

A couple of them even suggested getting a feather duster for this purpose.

N

·
0 Posts
ronin_asano said:

The car duster is an excellent tip. Many detail shops have told me the same.

A couple of them even suggested getting a feather duster for this purpose.
yeah, but a feather duster might emit it's own dust (from the feathers) that's why i suggest the car duster. it's made from thick string and doesnt emit any dust/fluffy crap.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The duster thing sounds like a good idea....does it scratch the car up at all? I mean, would the dirt particles scrape the paint as u dust it off? Black is one of the two colors i'm considering for my RSX, and this duster could save me a lotta trouble (sometimes i'm too lazy to wash my car, which is one of the reasons why i may pick arctic blue)

S

·
0 Posts
What is a car duster and what does it look like? Where can you buy them?
:confused:

N

·
0 Posts

california car duster:D

you can buy one at your local pep boys.

rated RS-X--as long as you arent trying to dust off 2 day old dirt, it wont scratch your paint. just make sure it's only small dust particles (the kind that coat your paint....kinda like pollen). that's what the california car duster is for. if there's alot of dust/dirt on your car, your better off wet washing it off:D

·
the anti type-r spoiler
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That doesn't sound too bad. My friend used to own a black Passport and he used that California Duster often. My first color choice was SS then FR then BLKPearl. But FR only comes in the titanium interior trim so now its between SS and BLKPearl. Now which paint color will stand the test of time? In terms of looking new and keeping its luster? I know that paint can only look new for so long until repeated exposure to sun/rain/snow/washings starts to take its toll. Thanks.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
the california duster it the best
if your LAZY ( like me) and just dont have time to do the who wash process over
also comes in handy for those crazy people that use tire shine on thier dashes and wanna get rid of that dust there

:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts