Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,983 Posts
is it a brand new one? i gotta look into this a little bit more because i get good mileage and my car runs perfect, no misfire or anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Question...

I bought a new primary o2 sensor because I was getting p0134 code and my car was getting terrible gas mileage plus running like crap. When I tried to remove the clip on the old one it wouldn't budge. I must have gone at it for over an hour when I said fuck it and decided to splice my new one onto the old clip. I spread out the solders as to prevent a short and wrapped it nicely in electrical tape. Now my car seems to be running normal again(not sure about the gas mileage, I haven't filled it up yet) but I smell an electrical burning smell. I suspect the electrical tape is getting too hot. What should I wrap the splice with??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,983 Posts
Leave the electrical tape on the wires and wrap it with some sort of aluminum tape or heat resistant tape on top of the electrical tape.
 

·
Mugennnnnn!
Joined
·
9,638 Posts
3 fuses to check first. #14 under hood (30A), and #2 (20A) and #4 (10A) under dash. My bet is #2 is blown, probably a short in the sensor or wiring, you'll know if it blows again.
13 years later and this helped me today. This is why forums are needed and FB groups are shit.
 
121 - 128 of 128 Posts
Top