Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car throws this code every time it rains really hard. Maybe because I have no fender liners and the part is clogged, IDK. I know the part is 37250-PNE-G01 and it’s actually fairly easy to change out. What I wanna know is I’ve noticed my car is having issues shifting. It’s an automatic but I can feel the car shaking/jerking when I left off gas or certain speeds/RPM. Do you think this would resolve that issue?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Given it happens only when wet, I'd try to clean and secure dry wires before replacing the switch. Getting a clean signal to the ecu is important. If it's clean and dry and still shifting poor, then try a new switch.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Given it happens only when wet, I'd try to clean and secure dry wires before replacing the switch. Getting a clean signal to the ecu is important. If it's clean and dry and still shifting poor, then try a new switch.
Its caused by water getting into the connection and shorting it out. Buy the pigtail with the connector from ebay and change it. There is a rubber seal in the connector that makes it waterproof, it's deteriorated over time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you link me to it? And the car shifts funny even when CEL isn’t on. I can feel like a shakiness in the pedal at like a little above 80 but under it. I think even above that speed it’s not bad. It just seems like third and fourth gear or shifting late and hard. I thought maybe that one switch is messing everything up. I don’t have fender liners on. So makes sense about the CEL. Anyway it could be the tires also? I bought a used set and one of the same tire types once one blew out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or maybe Serpentine belt causing shifting issues since it’s making noise and needs to be change? Is that possible? I was going to replace Serp belt, change out switch, and change oil to see if that fixes it. Also will be putting fender liners back on

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't think the VTEC oil pressure switch has anything to do with the transmission at all. All it's going to do is throw limp mode if it fails to activate VTEC cam(s). If you don't have fender liners, it's possible the switch is getting wet and shorting out.
Make sure you have oil in the engine. Low oil fill will cause this.

For the transmission shaking or shifting incorrectly, you probably have a transmission that is going bad. It's not uncommon. Check your engine/transmission mounts for cracks or leaks.

Serpentine belt will not cause shifting issues.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't think the VTEC oil pressure switch has anything to do with the transmission at all. All it's going to do is throw limp mode if it fails to activate VTEC cam(s). If you don't have fender liners, it's possible the switch is getting wet and shorting out.
Make sure you have oil in the engine. Low oil fill will cause this.

For the transmission shaking or shifting incorrectly, you probably have a transmission that is going bad. It's not uncommon. Check your engine/transmission mounts for cracks or leaks.

Serpentine belt will not cause shifting issues.
This is not for VTEC, it's for the pressure needed to shift the car.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Can you link me to it? And the car shifts funny even when CEL isn’t on. I can feel like a shakiness in the pedal at like a little above 80 but under it. I think even above that speed it’s not bad. It just seems like third and fourth gear or shifting late and hard. I thought maybe that one switch is messing everything up. I don’t have fender liners on. So makes sense about the CEL. Anyway it could be the tires also? I bought a used set and one of the same tire types once one blew out.
Here : https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTEC-Oil-Pressure-Switch-Connector-Wiring-Harness-Pigtail-Honda-Civic-Prelude/221866599674?hash=item33a847a4fa:g:BtIAAOSwTapV6Fid

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That code is for vtec oil pressure switch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
This is not for VTEC, it's for the pressure needed to shift the car.
Not per the code posted by the OP. That's VTEC solenoid pressure. Without the oil pressure, you can't switch cams, leading to limp mode. But again, this won't cause auto transmission shifting issues.
Rotating tires is a good idea and costs you nothing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m leaning towards a motor mount possibly being bad because I changed one but not the other. I didn’t know a mount could cause the car to hesitate or a transmission mount. Since I don’t run fender liners CEL pops on when it rains. Switch is located behind the engine and actually pretty easy to change. I thought it might still have life and just be shorting out but I’m just gonna replace it and put Fender liners back on. Probability just gonna get my car inspected and see it rotating tires helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts