Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering when applying products such as OP, RMG, NB ,AIO is there a real difference between applying them on with a pad (eg white pad) vs just applying it on with a terry cloth?
because I don't have a pc and was considering on getting the handjobber from eshine (http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=181). But will there even be a difference if i used this rather then applying with a terry cloth? will the outcome be the same?

Thanks!

·
Car Care Extraordinaire
2,147 Posts
Terry cloth folded up works good with polish to remove oxidation and other defects when working by hand. I prefer to use foam pads for glazes and waxes/sealants. Actually, most chain auto stores sell only terry pads; you gotta look around for the hand foam pads.
I can only find the Meguiar's foam pads at Wal-Mart :nervous:

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
JaCkaL829 said:
Terry cloth folded up works good with polish to remove oxidation and other defects when working by hand. I prefer to use foam pads for glazes and waxes/sealants. Actually, most chain auto stores sell only terry pads; you gotta look around for the hand foam pads.
I can only find the Meguiar's foam pads at Wal-Mart :nervous:
would you suggest MF pads over terry pads....
personally, pads: foam > mf > terry

·
Car Care Extraordinaire
2,147 Posts
n7plus1 said:
would you suggest MF pads over terry pads....
personally, pads: foam > mf > terry
For some reason I really don't like to use MF pads for applying any polish or wax. It just seems like the MF absorbs to much. To answer your question, it depends on the situation. If you really need the bite, go terry. If you aren't as concerned then I guess the MF will do. I save all my MF pads for interior dressing, they seem to give me extremely even coats on plastic.

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
^well, yes, you guys ARE right....never thought about that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts