Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
iRide
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I paid off the RSX, so now I got a little bit of cash lying around and I thought about picking up another bike.:love:

Either a ...

05/06 Yamaha R6

06 Honda CBR600

05/06 Suzuki GSXR 600

Any imput on these bikes?

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
First bike?

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
the big 3 600cc supersports.. honestly, i doubt you can go wrong with any of them but idk much about it ;p. friend of mine had an older R6 and recently upgraded to a newer maybe 06 R6. I guess he preferred the yamaha over the gsxr and cbr. personally i think looks wise its: r6 > gsxr > cbr. performance wise you might as well ask someone else.

i'd probably go for the r6 or gsxr, i never even think about the cbr for some reason. yamaha and suzuki always stick out when i think about bikes. i always loved the look of the gsxr's but the r6 grew on me a lot more recently

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Don't you got a duc already?

Depends what you're going to be using the bike for. The new gen r6 is relatively gutless for town riding. You have to keep it up above 10k rpm really.

If you can afford it, my choice bike would be the 07 cbr. If not, I would probably go, w/those choices, the 06 cbr, the suzuki, then finally the 06 r6.

What about an 05-06 kawi 636?

·
iRide
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't you got a duc already?

Depends what you're going to be using the bike for. The new gen r6 is relatively gutless for town riding.
Yeah, I have a duck already.

Man that blows, I was really leaning towards the R6. A couple guys from work are going to pick up R1's, we figured if we all went together we'd get a better deal. (and I'd just pick up an R6.):(

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Zx-6r.

8,021 Posts
Depends what you're going to be using the bike for. The new gen r6 is relatively gutless for town riding. You have to keep it up above 10k rpm really.
dunno why people always say some bikes are slow for city riding. Even when I shift at 6k, I'm always car lengths ahead of everyone else :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.