Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have inquired on several body shops 3 to be exact to have my car painted either a Electron blue pearl or WRX rally blue,and the first 2 shops were charging me $1,900 for the Electron Blue pearl and $150/$180 more for the WRX rally blue,now the last body shop was charging $2300 for the EBP paint and alil bit more for WRX rally blue.Im confused im not sure if the last shop was overcharging or the first 2 shops were standard,i dont care about spending a couple more $$ if the finish product is excellent,does any of you guys have their car painted? or knows anyone that did?,I just dont want to get ripped off for something that cost less or pay too little and not be happy with the results.any help or info is greatly appreciated.:D :confused:

my car is a 02 Rsx and i live in VA.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
for 2grand does that includde painting ALL of your car or just the exterior?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just be careful is all i have to say when custom paining your ride. $1,900??!! I wouldn't go with it just based on that price. I've heard, and from several people, that you should expect to pay up to 5K for a high quality paint job. You don't want something that's going to look shitty after 2 years. My dream car would be that same electric/metallic blue, but I didn't have xtra $$, plus it's a big risk I think. Just make sure you get a good guarantee from the painter and good references.

6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
roxie said:
Just be careful is all i have to say when custom paining you should expect to pay up to 5K for a high quality paint job. You don't want something that's going to look shitty after 2 years.
thats excatly what im saying,although $5k i think is alil bit overpriced for a EBP or WRX rally blue...anyone else

·
Registered
887 Posts
Check with Wagonwerks, i believe they have 2 locations, one in alexandria, i forgot where the other is. Just remember yyou get what you pay for.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
is the WRX blue that much diff than the RSX artic blue? they look the same to me. what color is your RSX now?

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
My entire car is getting re-painted the same color this coming up monday, and they are charging me $1500 (sponsored). That includes installing the body kit, painting the entire car, shaving the rain gutters (welded, not bondo), shaving the rear wiper, color sanding and buffing the entire car so there is no orange peel like stock so that it will look like glass, as well as a few other little things.

They quoted me $3600 to do a complete color change (door jambs, under the hood, etc.), but I had to remove the engine or it would be even more! Those are hooked up prices, and top quality...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I paid $4500 for my colorswap, and custom bodywork. That was at a discounted price.

6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FaintReality said:
My entire car is getting re-painted the same color this coming up monday, and they are charging me $1500 (sponsored). That includes installing the body kit, painting the entire car, shaving the rain gutters (welded, not bondo), shaving the rear wiper, color sanding and buffing the entire car so there is no orange peel like stock so that it will look like glass, as well as a few other little things.

They quoted me $3600 to do a complete color change (door jambs, under the hood, etc.), but I had to remove the engine or it would be even more! Those are hooked up prices, and top quality...
so for now its safe to say that paying $2k + change for a electron blue pearl is a little bit low,hmmm:dontknow:

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
ShoktongVtec said:
so for now its safe to say that paying $2k + change for a electron blue pearl is a little bit low,hmmm:dontknow:

Thats a real good price if it is quality work!

·
You Get What You Get
178 Posts
I have been thinking about getting mine custom painted. My buddy is graduating from Wyotec autobody school, (which i heard is a really good school , i think it was close to 20 grand a year) Anyway, he told my other friend he would paint our cars for about the cost of paint since he will be starting his own business. My parents are totally against it, (i wanted to get it painted the new red color, but im thinking maybe electron blue like on 00 civic Si, maybe my parents wouldnt even notice the difference? lol
Will this dramatically lower the the value of the car>?

6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spoonieluvs52 said:
i beleive it will lower the value of the car, but by how much im not to sure
IMO it should not lower the value of a car especially if its a customized and a nice color at that,provided the quality of the paint if its excellent/very good then by it should actually go up.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I don't know if you have considered this - but changing the color of your car can also reduce its value, as people may believe that it was wrecked and repainted.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
LandSpeed said:
I don't know if you have considered this - but changing the color of your car can also reduce its value, as people may believe that it was wrecked and repainted.
All they have to do is check the title to see if it has a salvaged title, or do a carfax to see the background history. I know I can sell my car for quite a bit more than what I paid... Of course it would have to be to someone that is into the same kinds of mods and what not like myself, not just the average joe.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yea I know though that carfax is not always 100%. I guess it also depends on the reason for a color change...if it is a show car people will be less inclined to think it was repainted because of an accident.
Iam sure the quality of the job also is a big factor...ie whether they painted over everything that was once touched by stock paint.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
i wish i could sell the car with the mods for more. Coming from a common sense stand point, or the way we would like to see it, it should be worth more because of all the stuff put into it. But that is only worth more if you find someone who wants a car exactly the way you "hooked" it up and if they dont want to be known as the guy who simply bought the car off of someone. But if you find one of them, you may be able to make a little of it back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts