Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been talked about before, but all of MY questions haven't been answered. I have had my car since May of 2002. It is almost 2 years old and I have more rock chips than a rally car. I am pissed. I have had 2 cheaper cars in my life: a saturn which I had for 2 years, a Civic which I had for 2 years. Both of those cars had 25,000 miles on them when I sold them. I had probably 2 or 3 small chips on both of those cars. So why is a car about $5,000 more in worse shape?
There is a guy here in town that does small chip repair. Have any of you gotten your chips fixed? I was just wondering if I should get these fixed. Only if it doesn't look worse after its done. This guy is suppose to be the best in town and dealerships use him to touch up their cars. So should I have him do it?
(I won't get started about the damn seats :jigglemad )

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I am in the same situation - and have wondered the same question - if your going to get it done, take some pics for me - I think they use an airbrush. Mine is NPB and every little chip shows up for miles!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Get the pen!

PIcked up my car beginning of February - I've already picked up a few chips (small ones)...

My dad highly recommended Autovisuals paint pens that are color matched. I immediately bought one for my ABP Type-S and my wife's Jetta.

Although I haven't used mine yet, my father's been through two or three on his Porsche Boxter (a daily driver / track car) and LOVES them.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Paint repair

well if u go to ebay. there is a person who is selling OEM paint for acura and honda cars. just like the one the shop use

·
Registered
248 Posts
RSX-S-Black said:
well if u go to ebay. there is a person who is selling OEM paint for acura and honda cars. just like the one the shop use
I got some of this when I picked up my car, but IMHO, the pen applicator is MUCH easier to use and control than a brush.

:)

·
Registered
336 Posts
check out a company called eastwood. they make a carbon fiber pen (i think thats what its called) and paint chip repair kit. what you do is you use the carbon fiber pen (bristles) to clean out the chip. then you use the pen kit they provide to paint it. the paint you should get form your dealership, it only costs about 8 bucks and should match. then, you use stick the paint in the pen, stick the little metal ball in the pen, shake it up real well, and color away. make sure to apply a few coats because you want it to be over the surface level of the rest of the car. if you can somehow figure out a way to clear coat it, its even better. then, if you can do it yourself, or you take it to a professional detailing shop, you can have the guys rotary buffer the paint spot. It will level it down to the same level as the paint surrounding the spot you just fixed. it dissappears like magic. also, the paint is the type that you don't have to wait two months to cure, so if you really wanted to, you could wax it or just have the shop do it. i hope this helps. btw, i have never done this, but i am going to. i'll let u guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had some chips in my fender from road debris and I took it to the touch up guy at the dealership and got it fixed. Cant even tell, looks like nothing happend just like factory paint. It was like 75 dollars but I got it for free. They were big chips too like dime size, so im sure small chips will be no problem and even alot cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts