Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in terms of price, quality, maintenance, etc.

What are the pros and cons of each?

Ready....fight!

·
Coho Killer
530 Posts
powdercoating is ten times what paint can ever do. I took a month long class at my last job on the benefits of powdercoating. We powdercoated custom deck railings. Powedercoating is UV resistant, wont fade, and on a hardness scale, it is 10 times harder than paint, so you will get 10 times the longevitiy out of it

however painting a car on the other had is better, but powdercoating a rim.....spend the extra $ and you will be much happier, I powdercoated my stock rims for 150 bucks and 2 years later they still look great, now go look at someone that painted thier rims and tell me diff lol FADED! lol

maintainance......just wipe the powdercoating clean with a microfiber cloth :)

paint......wax wash, poilsh bust your back cleaning

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you wanting to get painted/powder coated?
Wheels lol. That's why i posted in this section. :)

powdercoating is ten times what paint can ever do. I took a month long class at my last job on the benefits of powdercoating. We powdercoated custom deck railings. Powedercoating is UV resistant, wont fade, and on a hardness scale, it is 10 times harder than paint, so you will get 10 times the longevitiy out of it

however painting a car on the other had is better, but powdercoating a rim.....spend the extra $ and you will be much happier, I powdercoated my stock rims for 150 bucks and 2 years later they still look great, now go look at someone that painted thier rims and tell me diff lol FADED! lol

maintainance......just wipe the powdercoating clean with a microfiber cloth :)

paint......wax wash, poilsh bust your back cleaning
Thanks for the solid info! Is color matching easily done for powder coating? I'd like to get my wheels done to match my car; tafetta white.

·
SSM Swag Wagon
299 Posts
Sorry bro, didnt see the section. Just clicked on "new posts". Def powder coat the wheels though. Try to find a business that has an account with a powder coater already. You could probably get waaay better pricing than a guy off the street.

·
Coho Killer
530 Posts
Wheels lol. That's why i posted in this section. :)

Thanks for the solid info! Is color matching easily done for powder coating? I'd like to get my wheels done to match my car; tafetta white.
color matching might be a bitch......i would contact your local powdercoater. when i went to mine they had over 2000 colors. I painted my rims artic white and im sure it would look nearly identical to tafetta.

you will be much happier with the powdercoating on the wheels. word of advise though.....upgrade your brake pads to hawks or something with very minimal brake dust. I ran my new powdercoated rims with the oem brake pads and the dust messed up the outer rim becaues the brake dust is filled with glass particles, so it scrathces black into the rims and it will never come out. as soon as i swithce to the hawks hps, the problem was gone, so now i have half ruined white rims. but it still looks great, just not great to my standards

·
QUACK ATTACK!!!!
3,864 Posts
color matching might be a bitch......i would contact your local powdercoater. when i went to mine they had over 2000 colors. I painted my rims artic white and im sure it would look nearly identical to tafetta.

you will be much happier with the powdercoating on the wheels. word of advise though.....upgrade your brake pads to hawks or something with very minimal brake dust. I ran my new powdercoated rims with the oem brake pads and the dust messed up the outer rim becaues the brake dust is filled with glass particles, so it scrathces black into the rims and it will never come out. as soon as i swithce to the hawks hps, the problem was gone, so now i have half ruined white rims. but it still looks great, just not great to my standards
can you still get my works done for me bro?

·
Coho Killer
530 Posts
can you still get my works done for me bro?
i wish i could, the railing company i worked for tied to expand in this garbage dump of an economy, bought a shop 3 times the size, bout over 300k in new equipment and bought an entire powdercoating line for the shop, then went bankrupt.......lol wonder why

but the powdercoated here in mukilteo that did my rims, did a solid job on them. its called powdercoating inc.

·
QUACK ATTACK!!!!
3,864 Posts
i wish i could, the railing company i worked for tied to expand in this garbage dump of an economy, bought a shop 3 times the size, bout over 300k in new equipment and bought an entire powdercoating line for the shop, then went bankrupt.......lol wonder why

but the powdercoated here in mukilteo that did my rims, did a solid job on them. its called powdercoating inc.
how much do they charge?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts