Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow:

Good evening everyone,

Now don't flame me for being a lazy mofo, but I was curious as to whether anyone knew of a place that would paint your calipers FOR you.. :laughing: I just will not have time like that to take the wheels off and do 37 coats of primer, paint, and clear coat.

I was also going to get a grill insert.. (bought one on ebay weeks ago, but it turned out to be.. ehm.. gay). Think anyone might install that? (Dealership even?)

Thanks to anyone who responds,
Newbies are people too.. ;-)

-Ian

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and...

If anyone has a picture of a silver RSX with blue painted calipers, that would rock!

Thanks!!

-Ian :spin:

·
Your mother mows my lawn.
1,785 Posts
Dude do you have pics of your car posted?

That list of mods goes on for ever, I'm curious to see what it looks like with the gold effects and the neons at night.

Anywhere I can see that stuff?

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooooh, trust me --- not a problem.

:D

I will be having a photo spree next week one day, I'll be more than happy to post every last pic. :dontknow: Why not, right?

:shooting: Wasting 8 hours painting your own calipers like a sucker...

Must.. find... someone.. else.. to do.. the work.. ugh.

Thanks man,

-Ian

G

·
If you want to put in a grill insert you would be better off making your own. Just go to a Home Depot or what ever and pick out the style that you want. After you get the front bumper off its very simple. There is no sense in paying $100+ for a grill. Mine only set me back $8.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me so lazy....

:shakehea:

Thanks for the economical advice, but the money is not the issue.. :spin:

It's more along the lines of:

1) Quality of the final product.. (I have NO confidence in my grille making/installing skillz) :cool:

2) I am so busy and/or lazy it would blow your mind. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, thanks for trying to save me some bucks, but over $7,000 worth of upgrades and labor later? :dontknow: Hell, I'll pay someone $75 to install the grille. Way more to paint the calipers. $150 at least. :eek:

One last time, thanks.

:shooting: All work and no play....

-Ian-

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Grillcraft will have grills out for the rsx sometime... i would think soon. check out the group buy section for info on it.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, thank you!

:thumbsup:

I know. I'm about to call them. :laughing:

My question was simply - does anyone know of a place that might install it for me.. because my audio guys won't, and I doubt Acura would.

-Ian-

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gah?

Just 20 minutes west of Philly... In Chester County oddly enough. hrhr :laughing:

Why? What's up? Gonna mail bomb me? :eek:

Later bro,

-Ian-

·
Registered
124 Posts
LOL no, just thought it might be easier to help you find someplace if i knew where you were. And if you were close enough, i was gonna offer to paint yer calipers, but bit far.

Jon

·
///elitist prick
48,951 Posts
Re: Gah?

AzaghalSEI said:
Just 20 minutes west of Philly... In Chester County oddly enough. hrhr :laughing:

Why? What's up? Gonna mail bomb me? :eek:

Later bro,

-Ian-
watch out for the pipe bomber, though... unless its you :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
D'oh!!!

:( Awwwh hell. You sure I couldn't persuade ya!? :spin:

I'm ridiculously impulsive and willing to pay quite a bit dude!

:shooting: Doing things myself.

Where you at, anyhow?

-Ian-

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dang. I might even know you.

Nice dude. :thumbsup:

It's not as far as you think. 1hr 15min the way I drive. Probably 1:45-2:00 for anyone else, cuz Rt30 fux you in Lancaster. :firemad:

I'll send you an e-mail.

Later 'mano.

Thanks all.

-Ian-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts