Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 2004 rsx for my birthday...and i desperatley wanna hook up the hell out of it.

the first thing i'm tryna do is paint it, but since i'm buying specialty paint, i gotta price it out.

¿have any of u painted ur cars...and if so, how many quarts {or how much paint in general} did u have to use?

thnx so much.

peace.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Here is a tip for a young kid who just got a car, learn how to drive. Not to knock on your abilities but we all make rookie mistakes so I would recomend taking your time on your car before dropping a lot of money on it. As for your question, I don't know but its not cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
03RSX-S -- lolz...¿stunt 101? whas that about....

and rsXploited -- i feel u...but i've been driving for quite some time now.

i don't plan on painting it next week or anything, but just...eventually.

and the paint i plan to use is somewhat expensive, and despite my being a "spoiled daddy's girl," i have to pay for a decent amount of it.

therefore, i've got to save my money. i'm just trying to get an idea of exactly how much i need to save.

peace.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Complete color change? about $5000-$8000... If you pull the motor yourself, around $3000-$5000

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm not curious about how much the paint job will cost...

i'm just wondering about how much paint it takes to cover an rsx....

thnx.

peace.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
cls 2717 said:
i'm not curious about how much the paint job will cost...

i'm just wondering about how much paint it takes to cover an rsx....

thnx.

peace.
Your not attempting to do the job yourself are you?

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
stunt 101...cuz ur a noob...who just got his car from his mommy and daddy...and who from the looks of it is going to be a grade a riceboi("wanna hook up the hell out of it. ") with the winging and the farting and the squirting.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
03RSX-S said:
stunt 101...cuz ur a noob...who just got his car from his mommy and daddy...and who from the looks of it is going to be a grade a riceboi("wanna hook up the hell out of it. ") with the winging and the farting and the squirting.
heh, ease up bud :) Besides its a ricegrrl this time around.

I'm not sure how much paint it would take to coat the car, try calling the dealership or a paintshop, they sould be able to give you an estimate on the amount needed and even a price.

If you are just looking to paint the visible, I've seen as low as 800-1000 for the exterior. A good job will cost as they said above. Taking out the engine to get the inside painted and the doors, rear, under and all that crap.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
03RSX-S said:
u sure do a nice job welcoming newcomers to the forums :shakehead

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
People like 03RSX-S are what make some of these threads a waste of time to read through. The girl asked a question and was hoping for a straight answer...not some dumbass' opinion on the matter. At least her car is driveable and not wrecked in a fucking ditch, asshole.

As for her question: It would probably be best to check with a professional painter and see what they think, as I don't know if anyone on the boards will be able to give you an accurate answer. Faint is right though, you are looking at dropping at least $5000

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
soccerman002 said:
People like 03RSX-S are what make some of these threads a waste of time to read through. The girl asked a question and was hoping for a straight answer...not some dumbass' opinion on the matter. At least her car is driveable and not wrecked in a fucking ditch, asshole.
yup the point of my reply

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
she said eventually she'll paint it. i guess she just wants to do her research early and really know what shes doing before painting. smart girl

1 - 20 of 48 Posts