Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to paint my calipers red to match the type s symbol 馃槏.
My dad painted the calipers on his 300zx and used q 2 part epoxy (G2) but most YouTube videos I see people using special brake caliper high heat spray. Does anybody know what the difference is and if theres downsides to either way of doing it?

Registered
Looking to paint my calipers red to match the type s symbol 馃槏.
My dad painted the calipers on his 300zx and used q 2 part epoxy (G2) but most YouTube videos I see people using special brake caliper high heat spray. Does anybody know what the difference is and if theres downsides to either way of doing it?
Have you thought about powder coating them? I hear most paint fails due to the brake fluid being highly corrosive.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
No, would I have to take it to a shop for something like that? If so the bank isnt really set up for that 馃槀

#Inkpot
There's no downside of using high temp paint as long as you take your time and do a decent job. Cant imagine it would need any more than 3 coats.

The last time I painted mine I went about it super half assed while the wheels were off for something else and after tracking the car many times since, they still look fine. Albeit typically covered in brake dust.

Registered
I'd use a light undercoat so the red is redder. You wouldn't have to get super high temp paint as the calipers don't see too high temps. I spray mine black with rustoleum once a year. Granted I can't see discoloration, but the paint stays on and looks smooth.

Been Around for a while
I used G2 High Temperature Brake Caliper Paint System Set RED G2160 and it turned out GREAT.
I added Acura Stickers to the Calipers as a final touch. They are very red.

I actually polished the fronts first with a dremel but my daughter didn't like it so I did the red. I didn't touch the rear calipers with the dremel and both front and rear look exactly the same.

Holding up very well 6 months later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts