Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's still a work in progress and the IM cover still needs a few more coats of paint. It started to get really windy today so I had to stop for now but I thought I'd post this up. I'm just using some black spray paint that I've had laying around in my garage. The paint might start to get all funky due to engine heat. If it does then it's an excuse to spend a couple hundred bucks on the Vision CF IM and Spark Covers.

I also plan on getting my valve cover powder coated black down the road as well. All comments welcome.

Attachments

·
giddyup.
3,843 Posts
cool! someone who did the same as me. mine's been holding up for a few months now and still looks good. i've since painted the dipstick handle as well and even that's been fine.

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those are both tight.
can't wait to finish up. it's supposed to hit the low nineties this weekend so it will be some perfect spray painting weather. I'll get pics once it's done.

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i didn't prime it at all. just washed, taped, and painted. I'll finish up today and get some more pics. this was like an impulse mod so i just used what i had around the house.

Of course it's probably going to look better if you sand/prime/sand/paint but i used some duplicolor exterior trim paint or something close to that and the can said you only NEED to prime if you're painting exposed metal. I used this stuff because I wanted the finish to be a matte color (and because it was just sitting in my garage, staring at me, telling me to paint something) but it's actually pretty glossy.

I'll finish painting today at post some pics later.

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buchanan Baby!!! Ran into a bit of a problem with the paint, i got a hair and a bunch of dust in the paint. Also the black part of the intake manifold cover wasn't taking the paint very well.

I went down to Kragen and got some 400 grit sandpaper, primer and another can of black paint so once school is over i'll get this done right

·
Gold Member
1,158 Posts
Buchanan Baby!!! Ran into a bit of a problem with the paint, i got a hair and a bunch of dust in the paint. Also the black part of the intake manifold cover wasn't taking the paint very well.

I went down to Kragen and got some 400 grit sandpaper, primer and another can of black paint so once school is over i'll get this done right
i actually live near buchanon..and my cousing goes there...i pick her up sometimes too...but i went to sanger and graduated from there...

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what do guys think about colors for the valve cover? at first i was thinking wrinkle red, then i saw how sick wrinkle black looks, but now i'm thinking of having my valve cover be the only thing with color on it.

i've got a black car, black interior, black rims, black IM and spark plug covers (well almost done) so i was thinking of getting like a bright ass blue or green. I'll probably stick on black but i just thought i'd throw it out there.

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
finals are almost over, o-chem's gonna be a bitch

I'll get this shit done right, re-install my short-shifter (damn cheap ass buddy club hardware), install my esmmi's and my img, get my dent fixed, and put my side decals on. DAMN that's a list. Oh and yeah install whatever i get for my b-day, only 6 days to go, YEAH!

·
Titanic Fail
3,341 Posts
Sick idea!

don't worry about it too much. mine has been fine for over 6 months, no peeling or cracking. well i only painted my spark plug cover.
Thats sick man, I think i might do that...I've seen that design before and heard about it, but i forget off the top of my head. My friend wanted to do that on his Civic Si for something. But i might just do that...what is the sun for? re-explain it to me... Thanks..:)

here's my current engine. but older pics, i got my Mega Ram Intake in it now..

·
Sure don't...
9,223 Posts
Thats sick man, I think i might do that...I've seen that design before and heard about it, but i forget off the top of my head. My friend wanted to do that on his Civic Si for something. But i might just do that...what is the sun for? re-explain it to me... Thanks..:)

here's my current engine. but older pics, i got my Mega Ram Intake in it now..

uhhhhh land of the rising sun... errr JAPAN...

where honda was formed?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts