Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have red paint that I want to use on the interior of my satin silver rsx. I want a black/red interior. I want to know of any things on the dash that are easy to take out to paint, or anything that I can tape around to paint. I was going to do the front speaker covers, but they are part of the door. I also wanted to paint the glove box red but I cant figure out how to get it out. Any ideas of any kind would be great! Thanks.

·
ya rly
3,440 Posts
spray2020 said:
I have red paint that I want to use on the interior of my satin silver rsx. I want a black/red interior. I want to know of any things on the dash that are easy to take out to paint, or anything that I can tape around to paint. I was going to do the front speaker covers, but they are part of the door. I also wanted to paint the glove box red but I cant figure out how to get it out. Any ideas of any kind would be great! Thanks.
glovebox... remove the two plastic clips on the sides then it will flop completely down.. then unscrew -_- ... i'm against most forms of interior painting... especially the Glovebox imo... but to each their own

·
The 973 O.G.
149 Posts
here's an idea...don't do it

·
Registered
16,670 Posts
The main thing that bothers me about it is that it increases the glare factor something fierce... that and I think it looks tacky. Why make your car look like it is made out of LEGO's? If you are dead set on it though, most things on the dash are pretty easy to get off. Just make sure you get all the screws out and all the tabs removed or else you'll get a lot of rattling noises later and regret the hell out of it.

-------IR

·
Registered
402 Posts
this should be interesting, let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
48 Posts
if you do it like the pic someone posted - it could look very nice. I like that look alot - seems like alot of work to gt a really nice paint job tho... unless you bring it for an auto paintjob. High quality spray paint jobs can take a long time. I have no idea how to color leather :dontknow:

·
Nomnominin'
19,364 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.