Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
never hurts to have matching paint cans lying around. I'd say 3 or 4 to be safe and for future use. But I have no idea. I use a paint shop lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
never hurts to have matching paint cans lying around. I'd say 3 or 4 to be safe and for future use. But I have no idea. I use a paint shop lol
What about the black part what kind of paint is good for that and do you clearcoat the black part.

·
AWD Insanity.
2,392 Posts
What about the black part what kind of paint is good for that and do you clearcoat the black part.
Entirely your decision. Going to a paint shop is easiest, saves you hours if you're willing to spend some money. Unless you're into the whole DIY painting thing. People paint match to the the rest of the car or leave it unfinished (how i prefer it). Just my opinion. Looks cleaner unpainted.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
To paint your rear lip you'll need about 1 1/2 cans, most paint shops won't sell you less than 2. Get a can of self etching primer as well, scuff up the lip with a scotchbrite scrubby, prime it, spray your base and clear coat it with a good glossy clear. Ask the paint shop what clear they use with the paint you use because certain brands require certain types of clear. 3-4 cans seems overboard if your the slightest by experienced with painting at all, unless your painting in the wind lol. As for the middle black part on the lip paint it black and clear it with the same clear (or buy a special flat clear, depends on the look you want). Just my .02, been there done that so just thought I'd help:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts