Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would I use to paint my exhaust tip. I assume a certain paint that would withstand high temps. I am going to get a new stainless steel one but i hate the look of chrome/shiny metal. I know powder coating is an option but i do not know how much it would cost to do the exhaust tip. Anyone have any experience with this, second or first hand. Please let me know, it would be greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
654 Posts
park2086 said:
I knew your post number was going to be a one digit.
wasnt funny the first time. Did you think it would get funnier with time?

·
Registered
215 Posts
what color exactly do you wanna paint it? a better question....why in the world would you wanna paint your exhaust tip? i don't think you're gonna get any help in this forum man. you might wanna check in some ricer forums. or check the apc website. they have some really cool led exhaust tips. :thumbsup: :wavey:

·
Registered
572 Posts
duplicolor.com

They make a header paint with ceramic in it. Some guys use the black to paint their base mufflers like the TypeS.

Out of morbid curiosity, what color would you paint your tip?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
thanks mister x, rsxtc338, and rsx freak79 i intend on painting it gunmetal to match my rims when i powder coat them, i hate chrome and anything else that is flashy, that is ricey to me

for the rest this wasnt an opinion thread, but i guess i should have known that you would all have something to say about it. little girls...

·
Registered
424 Posts
i would honestly think over what you are about to do, but whatever makes you happy.

i would suggest probably some paint from duplicolor as mister x did, because that stuff is known to be high quality. pretty cheap for the stuff too

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.