Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered Loser
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there was a thread going around last summer - has anyone painted thier roof or hatch besides this one guy? I was looking for some ideas. . .

made a chop for an idea of how it will look. Stock one looks pretty ghey, but if i can pull this off right i think it will look hawwwt.

this was the only one i could find, has anyone else attempted this?

Attachments

·
Kompressor
9,596 Posts
what kind of kit is the first 1?

loooks like buddyclub w/o the stupid middle baar....

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
If you're going to paint it, do it like the first one, its similar to a 240sx lines to me, and if you're going to to do the second one, better be all carbon fiber, or you will look like someone who hasn't got their car painted.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Mine is painted like that. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
yea more pics. It's the like new "in thing" at the recent car shows... 2 tone

·
Registered Loser
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve Lloyd said:
Mine is painted like that. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.
please do, i looked through a bunch of your old posts and couldn't find any.

:bow:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was thinking about this today, and instead of painting it, couldnt you just get some large vinyl graphics made. at least that way you could always take them off if you get sick of the look. Is there some reason that wouldnt work? I have no expierence with graphics of any kind but I would think you could just get some high gloss plain black ones and it would look just like it was painted.just a thought.

·
Registered Loser
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, like TypeRaisin, and SqratchDC5 - a bunch of guys have sone that on thier carbon hoods. Maybe it would work, i dunno.

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
the only person i know that has put vinyl on their hood to color match their car actually is myufo. me and sqratch painted our cf hoods along with some others!!

anyways, vinyl is a great way to test the waters since you are stuck with it once you paint it! each way has it pros and cons, i.e. con of vinyl is that it never fully matches the color of the car whereas a con for painting your hood, when it comes to sell it, you need to find someone that has the exact same color as you!

·
Registered Loser
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh snap! sorry, dude - I've been reading an asston of old threads trying to figure this all out. i think you were asking myufo about it and i assumed you ended up with vinyl. my bad. :drink:

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
Gov_E said:
oh snap! sorry, dude - I've been reading an asston of old threads trying to figure this all out. i think you were asking myufo about it and i assumed you ended up with vinyl. my bad. :drink:
no problem at all man!! no harm done :D

but yea, good luck with everything. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts