Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching and found nothing. So I am just gonna ask. Does anyone think it would be tight to buy the Titanium trim kit and paint it a custom color? Would it be easy to do or would it ruin the kit? I don't have black interior but I think the trim kit painted to match the redondo red pearl would look pimp. Anybody do this or something similar? Thanx!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you want an exact match for your paint, bring the pieces to a good interior shop and ask them to paint the trim for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
it would probalby look pretty good. my friend had same idea and almost did it but it was crazy expensive and there were no molded kits for his car (03 cl). he bought a b&m cf kit, and was going to have ait painted a swrily blue/black, almost marble color. paint alone was close to a grand. guy who ran the shop had a tl same style paint but different colors and it looked sick. i'd say go for it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have a guy that does all my painting for my car at a good price. I was thinking when I get my lip just have him paint the trim kit also. Shouldn't jack up the price too much and the car paint should look great; am I wrong? I am thinking it would look great.

·
28,748 Posts
I would say remove the parts you want to paint instead of buying a trim kit and then get it painted by a body shop or get DupliColor if you're on the cheap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
there was a website, forget which one, that lay c/f on your dash if you send them the pieces. forget the site name. not sure if they paint tho. all you need to do is send them the pieces you want done. i personally would think it would look sick. i want to get a dash kit but won't do it b/c the pieces won't cover all the areas (specifically around the climate control). go for it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts