Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how should i do this? for a well-balanced car with good, predictable handling, that i can comfortably drive on a daily basis: should i get F&R sways and F&R strut bars?
or just sways, or just strut bars
or front strut bar/rear sway bar or vice versa
or rear strut and sway only
or front strut and sway only
:dontknow: i'm a noob. whatcha guys think?

i'm thinking 25mm on the strut bars, and looking at some cusco sways, but i don't even know...

my car is on stock coilovers

·
EM2 Member
1,741 Posts
Well swaybars will affect the handling of your car significantly, while strut bars will do very little beside providing peace of mind that your chassis is not flexing in ways it shouldn't be.

You should decide what it is you want your car to do differently, from a handling perspective, then choose your swaybars accordingly. Ie: If the car is understeering, perhaps you should beef up the rear sway and leave the front one stock. And then go from there.

·
popcorn playa
11,572 Posts
i noticed a lot from both sways, then the front strut bar improved steering wheel feel during turning. rear i didnt notice much, but then again , its the last piece i added, and i already had a bunch of pillar bars to boot, so that may be why.

oh! and the X brace is the shit

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
a front strut bar isn't going to do much for you, the rear will do a little more but even that really isn't needed. you should get yourself a good rear sway bar and be more worried about pairing it with the spring rates that you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts