Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of having my passengers hold my phablet (lumia 1520), and it was useless on the passenger seat when I needed GPS capability. Here are the mounting solutions I used:

Panavise custom RSX indash mount. Screws into the back of the radio trim face on the screws already there (no drilling/modification required. plug and play!)
http://www.panavise.com/index.html
http://www.panavise.com/pdf_indash/75116-402.pdf

Proclips USA universal large holder. I chose the universal one because the Lumia 1520 specific one didnt allow for a case to be used. They have custom holders for almost every phone, including models that charge and have hardwiring power abilities (includes the little transformer brick thing)

http://www.proclipusa.com/mobile-device-holders/universal-holders/product/large-universal-adjustable-proclip-holder-t1-246807.cmsv

Pics installed with just the holder:

With the phone:

The mount itself is made of steel and durable/hard as hell. Its made from steel, installs easily, has universal AMPS holes, and doesnt move. The proclips phone holder is great also. A nice OEM feel to the plastic, adjustable (tightens to your phone size via screws), and swivels on a nice ball joint. Overall a great looking and high quality solution to mounting any device in your car (and charging also, if you opt for their charging versions). Beats those nasty suction cup and vent mounts that obscure your view and the AC controls in your car!

Hope this helps anyone looking for a way to mount their stuff

hardwired charging version for the curious:

·
2003 DC5
149 Posts
Thanks for this. I was looking for a solution to holding my cellphone and I hate those vent clips and window suction cups. This is the perfect solition! Ordered mine yesterday.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad I could help! It's a very elegant solution. We have panavise mounts + proclips holder combos in two of our other cars and they're great looking and functional. Feel the pride whenever you drive by someone with a giant suction cup holder smack in the middle of their windshield lol

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,740 Posts
Pretty cool! I'm with Alpha here. I would have to keep my cellphone in the cupholders and it was a PITA. This is a defiantly better solution!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got tired of having my passengers hold my phablet (lumia 1520), and it was useless on the passenger seat when I needed GPS capability. Here are the mounting solutions I used:

Panavise custom RSX indash mount. Screws into the back of the radio trim face on the screws already there (no drilling/modification required. plug and play!)
http://www.panavise.com/index.html
http://www.panavise.com/pdf_indash/75116-402.pdf

Proclips USA universal large holder. I chose the universal one because the Lumia 1520 specific one didnt allow for a case to be used. They have custom holders for almost every phone, including models that charge and have hardwiring power abilities (includes the little transformer brick thing)

http://www.proclipusa.com/mobile-device-holders/universal-holders/product/large-universal-adjustable-proclip-holder-t1-246807.cmsv

Pics installed with just the holder:

With the phone:

The mount itself is made of steel and durable/hard as hell. Its made from steel, installs easily, has universal AMPS holes, and doesnt move. The proclips phone holder is great also. A nice OEM feel to the plastic, adjustable (tightens to your phone size via screws), and swivels on a nice ball joint. Overall a great looking and high quality solution to mounting any device in your car (and charging also, if you opt for their charging versions). Beats those nasty suction cup and vent mounts that obscure your view and the AC controls in your car!

Hope this helps anyone looking for a way to mount their stuff

hardwired charging version for the curious:
Wow! Great solution. Thanks for sharing. I just ordered one
👍

·
WILDCARD!
1,166 Posts
im looking for something that will clip on to our vents?
anyone know of a product?
Uh, well...have you looked? Google'd it? There are a shit ton of vent clip cell phone holders out there.

I actually have one of these Panavise mounts that I need to install, but I'm wondering if it might be possible to trim a little section from the surround (not the radio plate, but that grey dash section that surrounds the radio, climate controls and gauge cluster) to allow it to fit flush. I really like the look of the Panavise mount but hate how it makes the radio plate bulge out on the right side.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Panavise is the way to go!
Super sturdy and positioned perfect.
I have used a Ram mount large x-grip with 1” ball mounted on a vesa base to hold my iPhone. It can be adjusted in many directions for visibility or passenger use. A little pricier but worth it and you get what you pay for.

Attachments

·
WILDCARD!
1,166 Posts
For anyone that has the Panavise mount with an aftermarket stereo system (and hopefully the Metra install kit), do you just stick the mount in there over the peg and the screw and that's it? In the instructions it says to trim off a plastic post and then use the two provided screws and nuts to secure the mount. I have the factory Bose head unit out and when I look at it, I see what they mean about trimming off one of the plastic posts, but it doesn't seem like I need to do any of that that with the Metra dash kit...

·
WILDCARD!
1,166 Posts
Okay, so never mind on my last post. I figured it out.

BUT, new question...for anyone that has the Panavise mount, is there a way to make it sit more flush with the edge of radio surround? As of right now, it sits back a bit which makes the radio trim stick out of the dash a good ways.

I noticed that the bracket on back that has the two holes doesn't sit flush with the peg and the screw hole. Maybe stick that in a vice and bend it a bit?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry for the delay in responding!

I had to slightly trim the bezel you’re get mine to sit flush. It will stick out slightly. Even with the trimming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts