Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I fight for the SYSTEM
18,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98k miles on my original motor/trans. runs great, always changed the oil at 9k miles, always synthetic, and i always put 89, 93, or or 94 octane in her.

I did have a few issues over the last 6 years. intermittent CEL caused by faulty IM runner solenoid (long runner/short runner solenoid) which was replaced under warranty. Intermittent misfires caused by blown o2 sensor (havent we all had those :rolleyes:) and one CEL that was a misfire which i determined to be spark plugs, hence the replacements.

Mods were basic for the most part; INJEN CAI, 05/06 header/b-pipe/cat/cat back and i had Hondata K-Pro which was tuned for MPG for the last 40k miles, i was averaging nearly 40 MPG overall. Recently, vandals stole my navi system and K-Pro'd ECU, so dont ask if i have it for sale, try ebay :firemad:

i did have a JR supercharger custom fitted on it for about 7k miles, i ran 7 PSI with a tune geared towards safety and never really pushed it much due to the fact that no matter what we did the belts kept slipping off, so i sold the SC (again dont ask if its for sale) and went back to the stock IM and configuration, but boosted it was an absolute blast.

comes with all accessories, new spark plugs (12k miles), and INJEN CAI, i would STRONGLY prefer NOT to part it out. i would be willing to sell the engine and tranny separately.

WHY IM SELLING
i wanted a K24A2/6 speed, but came across a K20A2/6 speed and decided thats good enough for my DD, and the proceeds from this will further fund my 300ZX twin turbo ressurrection. i bought my RSX not knowing there was such a thing as a Type S; there were no brochures and the salesman didnt know either; it was the only RSX on this half of PA.

the 5 speed has been great to me except it had started to grind; 3rd gear grinds above 4k rpm's if you try to shift very quickly. in the past, i changed the tranny fluid and used a heavier shift knob (sounds retarded but it works) and the grind vanished; I have used Redline MTF and GM Synchromesh every 15k since 60k and the grind has not reappeared until recently, and the problem there was a VERY loose Revo short shifter. i used simple washers to extend the height of the shifter assembly and tighten the cables as well as aluminum bushings and that helped as well.

I would prefer emails over PM's but either works (pm box is usually pretty full) so make me some offers. no trades and no lowballers. local pickup is STRONGLY preferred.

currently, the motor and transmission are still in the car as im waiting for the new motor/tranny to arrive and its my DD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts