Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking for a fee parts to finish off the minimal mods until I can afford the K Pro for my 05 RSX Base. She is my baby and I look for the best or ever so slightly used parts lol. I have seen a few people with unfortunate events happening to their vehicle but I lose track of where their post was at so I am hoping this will attract your attention.

Currently looking for:

- Skunk2 Alpha Race Header

- K-Tuned 3" Oval Catback Exhaust System

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Two things bruh:
-Ktuner will cost you half as much as Kpro.
-I would not recommend a 3” exhaust on the base model unless you’re doing a full build. Our heads don’t flow that well to take advantage of the increased diameter. I just went from a Magnaflow cat back (2.11” ID) to a Spoon b pipe and n1 (2.36” ID). After adding some fuel in a few spots, I’m making the same power with a noticeable loss of torque in the bottom end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two things bruh:
-I would not recommend a 3” exhaust on the base model unless you’re doing a full build. Our heads don’t flow that well to take advantage of the increased diameter. I just went from a Magnaflow cat back (2.11” ID) to a Spoon b pipe and n1 (2.36” ID). After adding some fuel in a few spots, I’m making the same power with a noticeable loss of torque in the bottom end.
I've only done a few things to mine so far. I've installed injen cold air, and installing the Hasport engine mounts 70A. I've also installed spherical front lower control arms on her. Definitely a stiffer front end. Also installed both front knuckle w/ ball joints. Definitely looking for recommendations for my particular model. She is a fun car to drive!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two things bruh:
Also would you recommend K-Tuner? Is there more benefits for KPro?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I recommended Ktuner in my last comment lol.
With Kpro, you’ll find more tuners that are familiar with it. Other than that, I don’t see any benefit over Ktuner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two things bruh:
Also on the 3" exhaust, you think I can still stick with Skunk2 alpha header? I loved the sound that I found on YouTube from the Skunk2 and K-Tuned combo

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Also on the 3" exhaust, you think I can still stick with Skunk2 alpha header? I loved the sound that I found on YouTube from the Skunk2 and K-Tuned combo
I don’t see any reason you wouldn’t be able to. I still don’t recommend it though for the reason I mentioned earlier. I do agree that it sounds sick though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate your feedback my man! I was just curious on your opinion. I might have to just look for a smaller one to go with the alpha header

1 - 8 of 8 Posts