Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Acura RSX Type S
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer last night for a 32,000 miles check up, I only needed fuel injection cleaning.

Went home, I rolled both windows down and notice my passenger window is noisier than before and when I rolled it up, it f**king pushing the black weather stripper (on the vertical side) outward or inside out.

Any fix? Should I call them now or just show up after my work and have them look at it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just take it to the dealer. One of the techs may have leaned to hard against your window and knocked it out of track. If the window has now damaged the weather stripping, it can be tricky to fix and may start to leak in the future.

My philosophy has also been that if it's covered by a warranty, let those ass-hats deal with it.

·
Registered
2005 Acura RSX Type S
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it to the dealership and they said they put some "lotion" for the stripping, it's fine now. I am wondering if there's such thing I can buy after market for lotioning the stripping???

·
Hi there
696 Posts
Just take it to the dealer. One of the techs may have leaned to hard against your window and knocked it out of track. If the window has now damaged the weather stripping, it can be tricky to fix and may start to leak in the future.

My philosophy has also been that if it's covered by a warranty, let those ass-hats deal with it.
Yes cause techs constantly lean on windows....... I've broken over 40 windows cause i lean on them when i do an oil change.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Same thing happened with my car when I left the dealership.... 5 attempts later, it "seems" to be fixed :thumbsdow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts