Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is better? liquid or paste? i currently use Mequieres Gold class in a liquid. but was looking at the paste. what i want to know is what is better, or what is the diffrence? i did a search and did not find anything so if some car care nut can help me out i would greatly aprieciate it.

thanx
Nick:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so paste technicaly is better.... but more a pain to apply. i have noticed paste is more of a pain to remove also. :dontknow: i would think that paste would fill in more scratches/swirl marks also?

thanx
Nick :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Nah, paste and liquid don't really have any scratch filling properties. You need something like Scratch-X or Zaino Z-5 to hide a scratch.

Paste better... depends, if you live somewhere like Vancouver (lots of rain), the added durability of paste is so minimal that it's not worth the hassle. It washes away a few days after a liquid.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I prefer Meguiar's Gold Class liquid. Paste is a pain to remove...even with the buffer (although it may give better results).

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Yeah, buff straight, not in circles.

The biggest tip is to use really good materials, especially when washing and drying, since that's where the swirls are most often made. Avoid acrylic mitts and polyester towels.
Pure cotton, sheepskin or microfiber to wash.
If you use something like the Absorber to dry, blot dry, don't rub.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
Frosty said:
Yeah, buff straight, not in circles.

The biggest tip is to use really good materials, especially when washing and drying, since that's where the swirls are most often made. Avoid acrylic mitts and polyester towels.
Pure cotton, sheepskin or microfiber to wash.
If you use something like the Absorber to dry, blot dry, don't rub.
Really? I know this is true for Zaino, but for wax too? Interestingly enough, Mother's ran an info-promotion on this weekend's Xtreme Imports (show on TNN) where the guy recommended using swirls. Then again, those guys normally don't know shit.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Frosty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts