Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im on my way 2 class 2day and ppl around here cant drive for sh*t (live in ohio). Neways this person in front of me decides 2 hop on the phone and start 2 drift 2 the side of the road. Ofcourse my area has been covered with snow for i dunno how long so theres salt rocks all over the sides. Well were goin about 55 and starts shootin shyt all over my car, by the time i slowed down the fu**er already has done its damage and leaves a nice chip outta my windshield. O ya my car only has 1300miles on it and with me being in college full time am barely making the cash for payments and lil play money. Sry guys had 2 vent :firemad:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, ppl have no sense anymore, he coulda probably cared less. Did end up passin goin a buck ten, well 2 think about it i wasnt under that until i ended up gettin off the highway.

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
i live in ohio.......my car has already been in 2 accidents, both not my fault. 1st caught the guy as he was tryin to run, 2nd came back to my car nice big dent on my rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
that makes me so mad when that happens...I hate when there are dump trucks have a ripped net that keeps their stuff in the truck...thats when you gotta get outta the way or pass them

·
is Ultradian Bipolar
307 Posts
up here in pa we had a snow squall/storm. roads where slick and this kid in a late 80's model car (dont know what kind) was driving all over the road. the lady in front of him spun out and took out a road sign, he went off the road into a ditch that was so steep his car was almost vertical. i gently pumped the brakes and stopped to help. after helping his girlfiend out of the ditch (he opened the door but then walked away) i asked if he was ok and offered my cell. he called a friend and said the lady ran him off the road!?! he responed to his friend that he ripped the e-brake. thats what caused him to land in the ditch. i shook my head and went on my way.

it has become more evident everyday as i see mini-vans and all types of cars running red-lights, not stopping at stop signs, or watching a mini van pace me at 100 only to see kids in the back hoping around with no seat belt on, that it is extreamly dangerous just to go for a short drive. i know this is a rant but i am shore many others feel this way. to bad its soo easy to get a license. :nervous:

be safe and have fun

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I had my rsx emblem vandalized when it was only 2 weeks old. That pissed me off so much and the worst part it they didn't even take it, they just fucked with it so now my car has deep scratches where the emblem used to be. I don't want to spend the money to repaint my hatch not owrth it and plus the color might not match.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm sick of fools trying to do 80, 90, 100 mph in rush hour traffic. Those types of speeds during the AM/PM commute is just stupid.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah, MN here, when that storm hit not too long ago, over 70 accidents. PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE. Anyways, RSX in SNOW..not a good combination. Would winter tires make a diff?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yeah, they would. I drove in snow in my RSX a month ago, and I'm from Florida, it was my first time in snow. I thought it handled quite nicely. I started it off in second gear, and used the clutch as little as possible. It handled pretty well as long as you take it easy. There's no point in driving faster than your skills will allow or faster than your guardian angel can keep up with you.

edit: This was with stock tires.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
yeah, but if u're stopped, and try to start up, u're screwed. it takes forever (i got an auto :( )

yeah, ppl here suck at driving. i was coming home from school, skipped my last class cuz it was snowing bad, and it was getting worse, so decided to come home before it got really bad, and these idiots (all on their cell's) kept driving right on the edge of their lane, almost hitting me! it was so annoying! lol, my sis kept jumping everytime, she was really scared by the time we got home.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
I think my rsx 5 -speed sucks in the snow. I just leave her in the garage. I use my jeep with 4 wheel drive for the snow. Love 4 wheelin in the snow!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
my bumper is cracked now cuz i wasn't able to stop, and had to turn, and ended up hitting a sign :(

I HATE BASE BRAKES!!! I CAN NEVER SEEM TO STOP WHEN I WANT TO

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
02 DsrtSilverBase said:
my bumper is cracked now cuz i wasn't able to stop, and had to turn, and ended up hitting a sign :(

Dont blame the brakes... blame the driver. Its all about timing, the sign didnt just jump out in front of you. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,698 Posts
02 DsrtSilverBase said:

Get your self a nice new set of semi-metallic pads...and if you can afford it, some rotors as well. I got a set of axxis pads last week and they just saved my ass the other night, I was about 5 feet away from the car in front of me makng a right turn, and he slammed on his brakes :jigglemad ...i stomped on the brakes and had about a foot left...but they stopped me good! Definately better then the stock pads :thumbsup: ...now if only my rotors would finally come in... :shakehead

1 - 18 of 18 Posts