Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

as you know i have a thread here somewhere about me having problems installing my shocks properly.

the instructions dosnt really tell you much, its really no help, but i cant seem to get this right. i dont understand how to install it properly. me and a friend probably taken the shocks apart 3 times. tomorrow will be our fourth day.
the first time, we were hearing popping noises, we realized the washer and the top cap were all out of order.

2nd day, we got rid of the popping noise but we tried experimenting with it because there were still noises of loose screws.

today we failed again, we just cant seem to figure out where all these screws, washers, caps, and everything else belongs.

above is a photo of how my shocks looks like now. thats the view from the trunk.

i was wondering if anyone with konis or similar shocks installed can possibly take a photo of how theirs look? thanks.

·
Swift and Spurious
1,722 Posts
It looks like you cut the rear damper hat... why? From the looks of it, I'd say you're going to need a new stock rear to fix that. You don't cut the rears, only the fronts. On the rears, you just take the spring off, swap the Koni damper in, and then reinstall your spring. It should be pretty straightforward.

Here's a good thread about putting together Konis: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=368044&highlight=Koni

1 - 4 of 4 Posts