Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced a worn stock clutch with an exedy stage one a few months back and initially I loved it but it's started to do a number on my knee driving it daily. Maybe I'm just getting old but I've tried several different seat positions and nothing is helping. I've actually already ordered an oem replacement clutch kit to swap it back to stock but I was wondering if there are performance clutches that maintain the light oem pedal feel?

·
Registered
375 Posts
all of them are going to be more stiff because thats what its made for, its the pressure plate diaphragm rings. Usually most people upgrade the CMC and CSC but I'm not sure if that will help the force it takes to push it.

·
Retired OG
147,491,197 Posts
I replaced a worn stock clutch with an exedy stage one a few months back and initially I loved it but it's started to do a number on my knee driving it daily. Maybe I'm just getting old but I've tried several different seat positions and nothing is helping. I've actually already ordered an oem replacement clutch kit to swap it back to stock but I was wondering if there are performance clutches that maintain the light oem pedal feel?
there are none despite what anyone tells you. anything above an OE replacement uses a pressure plate with increased clamp load.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I know some of the drifter dudes around here like to use uprated clutch discs with stock pressure plates. That would be the only way you're going to get what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I recently replaced my clutch with the oe replacement + lightweight flywheel & exedy clutch master cylinder (kept oem slave cyl) & it feels very close to stock other than the flywheel. Engagement is smooth throughout the gears. I'm quite satisfied with it since it's my daily. Hoping it lasts more than a five years but we'll see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for all the input guys. I had the clutch swapped back to a new Exedy OEM unit and it was feather light initially, especially the first day. Now two weeks later, especially in the last couple days, the pedal is noticeably stiffer to press and making a clicking noise. I'm going to take it back to the shop to take a look, you think my CMC is shot or maybe I need a new cable?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts