Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to know since I had thrown on an exedy lightweight flywheel does it actually work I feel a difference from the oem one but then again it could just be my mind wanting to think there is a difference bit if there is supposed to be a difference in power or throttle response let me know I want to know the science of this thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
How about you search instead of being lazy? This has been covered.
It's attitudes like this that are killing CRSX! I saw this post front and center. Curious myself as I'm pulling my engine....Don't bother I'll just "search" THREAD KILLER! I bet you hate dogs too...Try and order cat at Chinese restaurants???

·
Registered
826 Posts
It's attitudes like this that are killing CRSX! I saw this post front and center. Curious myself as I'm pulling my engine....Don't bother I'll just "search" THREAD KILLER! I bet you hate dogs too...Try and order cat at Chinese restaurants???
I hate lazy people that don't want to do research. Dogs, I like.
Weren't you banned? For dumb comments like this?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I recently bought the 11.5 lbs Competition Clutch lightweight flywheel. The difference compared to stock will be faster revs and quicker rpm drop. Some people don't notice too much of a difference. I'd say it's minimal but more sporty for the street. One downside is that it's a little harder to grab a gear when up shifting. There is also more horsepower put to the wheels from less rotational mass/parasitic loss.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
I think these same thoughts (it would be nice if people bump an old pertinent thread but also nice that people are still actually creating new discussions) as I have posted a lot about this, which feels like wasted "work" (well, "help") since it's not found by newcomers, but yeah what @stevens40z said is on point -- I have the same flywheel. Just don't shift slow so you will match the engine rpm to wheel speed before your rpms drop

It like makes it more fun and more annoying at the same time. You will love it when rowing through the gears. You won't like it in traffic so much. You won't chirp tires as much anymore (less clutch kick) but in gear you will be faster, and you can feel it

·
Super Moderator
23,682 Posts
The key question is... Why did you change your flywheel and what were your hopes and intentions of doing so?

A light flywheel is not always a good mod and it's not for everyone and every build.
If you car is not heavily modified and you just wanted to do it to do it, then congrats and enjoy.
It also depends on how light you went, there's street racing light, then there's full N/A Track light and etc.

Which flywheel did you use, if it's only a little lighter you'll notice but it won't make a huge difference.
If you switch from stock to a 6 or 8lb crazy light flywheel you'll definitely notice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts