Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
BIG POPPA®
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That title ought to allow me to post this here...

I'm sure everybody already knows about this (yeah right). Lets see how much hate there is...

I always wondered why every time my wipers moved I could feel it fairly hard through the brake peddle.

Now I know. If you put your wipers on intermittant, every time you completely lift off the brake peddle, the wipers will trigger....soooo cool.

My MDX doesn't even do that!

Yes, small shiney objects hold my attention for hours...

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
i think hes just saying its cool...didnt know that, but now that i think about it...i can see that. i guess braking makes the car think your going slower which would necessitate less frequent swipes of the blade. it is pretty cool

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
so, is he saying we have speed sensitive windshield wipers?

but, yeah, when I think about it, we may have that feature :dontknow: anyone else noticed that?

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
ok, I just noticed that I had my '03 brochure sitting right next to me, so I checked...Two-speed windshield wipers with variable intermittent feature :confused:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i dont think that our cars have that feature do they?

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
not sure either, but when I think about it, I'd say that the wipers might wipe slower when I'm at stop, but it might also just be my imagination...

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Yes, the wipers in the RSX are speed sensitive.

·
A/F master
2,828 Posts
Sorry guys but my head hurts from reading this post...no hate I just can't believe we are talking about that feature... although I'm dumb cuz I didn't know we even had it. Raginrok

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
yes. when you come to a stop, the wipers slow down. as soon as you let off the brake they will go once, if you start driving (speed up) the wipers will speed back up too

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
it is pretty cool, i never found a happy medium to the rear wiper though...So i never used it because it was way too fast

·
BIG POPPA®
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It took me about 2 hours to get out of the city last Friday cuz it was snowing so hard. Needless to say, I had lots of time on my hands. We were moving about 20 feet at a time and making frequent stops.

I started playing around...you know....nailing the gas, slamming the brakes....all within my bumper to bumper space...

Anyway, my wipers started going more frequently cuz they would swipe everytime I lifted completely off the brake.

It works at any speed. Just tap your brake and the wipers will swipe when on intermittant (not that I recomend tapping your brakes at 80mph in order to clean your windscreen)...

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
no it doesn't

we do not have speed sensitive wiper.s basically, the 6 mph mark is where it switches. above 6 mph ( i think that's the right speed, i think it's in the manual) , it will go at whatever speed u have it set on (at the fastest setting, its' the same speed as "Low", next fastest is exactly half that, and i don't know the exact speeds for everyhitng above, but it continues up to the slowest setting. below 6 mph, it automatically switches to the slowest speed.

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Every Honda I've been in re-wipes the windshield when moving from a stop... It's another classic Honda detail.

·
BIG POPPA®
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
benca1 said:
Every Honda I've been in re-wipes the windshield when moving from a stop... It's another classic Honda detail.
I've owned a lot of Hondas, and this is the first one I've owned that does it.

My MDX doesn't even do it. I went home and checked.

02 DsrtSilverBase, this thread isn't about speed sensitive wipers....

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
does anyone have problem w/ rear wiper making noise when on, like the wiper has no blade? I already put on a new one and it still does it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts