Discussion Starter #1

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts
Monopods are free. They're called your arm IMO

·
Always Brave
67,135 Posts
I'd like to see you shoot a whole football/soccer game with my setup with just your "arm"
You wouldn't last 20 mins.

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts
I'd like to see you shoot a whole football/soccer game with my setup with just your "arm"
You wouldn't last 20 mins.
Hit the gym weakling :coffee:

It's a Monopod, not a Tripod. Either way it needs to be held up with your arm am I right?

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It's a Monopod, not a Tripod. Either way it needs to be held up with your arm am I right?
It still needs to be stabilized sure, but it supports the majority of the weight of your rig.

I might bring it to the auto show with me, but definitely going to bring it when I take pics at the track next year. Maybe even get some use at my kids soccer games, but I'm usually sitting with a clear view at those so its not that big a deal.

·
Always Brave
67,135 Posts

rotfl @ hit the gym. My arms are plenty strong. If you knew where I work, you'd understand.

Learn some camera technique before you run your mouth.

It also allows you to completely stabilize the camera w/ a soft touch of 1 hand if you know what you're doing, w/ no pressure on your arms. You're talking about a setup of some 70-200, 300, 400 2.8 lenses, which aren't light.

Take a 10lb weight and hold it still for 30 mins, if you can. Then remember a game can last from 90 mins to 3 hours

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts
rotfl @ hit the gym. My arms are plenty strong. If you knew where I work, you'd understand.

Learn some camera technique before you run your mouth.

It also allows you to completely stabilize the camera w/ a soft touch of 1 hand if you know what you're doing, w/ no pressure on your arms. You're talking about a setup of some 70-200, 300, 400 2.8 lenses, which aren't light.

Take a 10lb weight and hold it still for 30 mins, if you can. Then remember a game can last from 90 mins to 3 hours
Nobody cares. :stfu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts