Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
What am I looking at getting when running 245 front 225 rear 27mm rear sway (no sway front or 15mm em2) Car at stock weight with 200lbs of me in it? Drop at about -.5to-1 inch

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
guessing 475-550lbs ft ( get the 8 inch long springs) and around 800-85lb rear.....depending on how much grip the tires have.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
those are my best guesses....never run tires that size in the front of the car....:dontknow:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great info. I've been reading alot of Mustys forums and I'd have to say... You pretty much are a Guru. That being said I am still lookin to drop it. I dont want to sacrifice too much handling but it's a dd. I want it to look good.

·
Poetic Finesse
1,457 Posts
I'm sorry for bumping an old thread but I have what might be a stupid question. I was looking over the master spring rate file and noticed that the 02-04 DC5-R spring rates were 207 front and 414 rear. If this is correct then those spring rates are even lower than the stock EP3 spring rates. Shouldn't the Type-R have higher spring rates? I currently have a 02-04 DC5-R suspension installed on my car. I had blown shocks on my car before so of course I felt a huge improvement but does my car handle better than a stock EP3? I assume the Type-R shocks are valved differently :dontknow: It just doesn't make sense to me....

·
Poetic Finesse
1,457 Posts
I found my answer, 02-04 DC5-R springs have progressive spring rates. The rates are 2.8 ~ 4.6 front/ 3.0 ~ 8.0 rear kgf/mm so not bad. I will definitely keep these springs once the shocks go and throw them on some bilsteins or konis (leaning toward bilstein). Now my only other question is, do springs lose their stiffness over time or are they good pretty much forever?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I found my answer, 02-04 DC5-R springs have progressive spring rates. The rates are 2.8 ~ 4.6 front/ 3.0 ~ 8.0 rear kgf/mm so not bad. I will definitely keep these springs once the shocks go and throw them on some bilsteins or konis (leaning toward bilstein). Now my only other question is, do springs lose their stiffness over time or are they good pretty much forever?
any bilsteins you get will need to be tuned.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts