Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know about my touchscreen/dvd getting stolen last week from this thread:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=476419

To make matter worse...I'm driving to class, finals day. Driving in moderate traffic, with the normal driving attitude. Moving ahead from a stop, I accelerate to about 4k rpms, and right before I can shift to second i hear BOOM! and the sound of a million screws rattling around in my engine. Smoke everywhere....luckily I was able to roll it to a shoulder.

I got it towed to the nearest dealership, Ardmore Acura (PA). Check out this BS. The first estimate they gave me was $9000. I almost threw up in my mouth. That was for all brand new parts. Thank god I have decent networking skills. I know a guy that drops in motors for pretty cheap. I have the cash ready, I'll get back to him Monday. They can get me a k20a3(36k mi.) for $1800 + a reasonable labor fee. Time to tap into savings. Wish me luck guys.

Attachments

·
Hi there
696 Posts
Rods just dont throw themselves they have to be persuaded. Trust me i know i threw a rod or two last year on my S. I have a slight feeling your not telling us something.

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts
Ouch. That's gonna hurt the resale value.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.