Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first pic is the airbox cover off, second is just the tee, third is the cover on, and the forth is the only way u can visually see that i have nitrous when to cover is on

and my excuse if someone ask why i have a CAI and an airbox, either i act stupid and say "my buddy installed my intake and he didn't feel like taking it out" or "when i take the box out, there is a huge empty spot which i don't like"

i'm not 100% done b/c my relay blew for my bottle heater and i have to wait till NX sends me another one, drill a hole for the blow down tube, and get a purge kit.

i sprayed with a 35 shot, didn't really notice anything except the rpms was faster, but now i have a 75 shot in, but i'm waiting until everything is ready :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
Nothing but red x's. And I want to see your airbox setup. :mad:

·
Registered
811 Posts
thats pretty sleeper. Seems like you put a lot of work and imagination in to stuffin all the solenoids and lines in the aribox like. I really like it. I think to make it a little more sleeper you should think about takin the stock rubber intake tube and hooking it to the airbox like stock and then cutting off the underside of it where it connect to the throttle body so you can get a snug fit over the CAI so you cant see it either. That would be supersleeper.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RSX Factor said:
Nothing but red x's. And I want to see your airbox setup. :mad:
i could see the pics fine, try my link in my sig that might work. :dontknow: imagestation is acting ghey i guess so i might make a new album somewhere

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
i can see 'em, looks fine to me.

only issue i'd see, is i don't remember what the two hoses are for ( that go into the stock airbox and/or cai. Whatever they are, they're not gettin filtered right now :(

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WarmPepsi said:
i can see 'em, looks fine to me.

only issue i'd see, is i don't remember what the two hoses are for ( that go into the stock airbox and/or cai. Whatever they are, they're not gettin filtered right now :(
do u mean these hoses? the top hose is for the stock air box which i never really had the chance to change it
and the second hose is from the aem cai, and thats hooked up

Attachments

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
exactly. before it was at least filtered..... i'm not sure where it goes, what function it follows..

when i look it up in the helm, the closest thing i find is "intake air bypass control thermal valve". The vacuum is supposed to vary with engine revs. That will never change the way you have it hooked up. You need that hose to run down to your intake.

my first concern was suckin in unfiltered air, my second one, after readin the helm, is that the line in question actually does something. it determines pressure under rpm load.

i'd hook it up if i were you ;) :wavey:

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
nice pics, very stealth

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
nice, good to see you finaaly finished your setup

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not a bad stealth setup, the only thing I see wrong, that might hinder performance is heat. You want the solenoids as cool as possible, and being inside of a black airbox, sealed like that, in the summer, or warm weather, that is going to get extremely hot. Stick a thermometer in there one day and drive around for a bit and see what the temps are like, you may be alright, but just thought I'd let you know, heat will decrease the max performance you could be getting.

ooooh, just thought of something, which maybe you've already done. You could route a hose from the front of the car somewhere, into the airbox, kinda like a CAI would do, but in this case it'd be cooling your solenoids inside the airbox. Just a thought.

-Tom

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
WarmPepsi said:
thanks for the info, i will connect it today :thumbsup:

ooooh, just thought of something, which maybe you've already done. You could route a hose from the front of the car somewhere, into the airbox, kinda like a CAI would do, but in this case it'd be cooling your solenoids inside the airbox. Just a thought.
hmm never thought of that, i'll prolly make use of the top hole then, thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
exactly. before it was at least filtered..... i'm not sure where it goes, what function it follows..

when i look it up in the helm, the closest thing i find is "intake air bypass control thermal valve". The vacuum is supposed to vary with engine revs. That will never change the way you have it hooked up. You need that hose to run down to your intake.

my first concern was suckin in unfiltered air, my second one, after readin the helm, is that the line in question actually does something. it determines pressure under rpm load.

Yeah it appears the hose that sucks crank case air back into the intake is not connected to the intake.. A lot of people just put a filter on it so your are not sucking hot crank case air back into the engine (That is what I did, it might gain a horse or so..) It is probably not a great idea to just leave it venting without a filter or not piped to then intake..

As far as legality, you won't pass emissions in (atleast in ohio) with a filter on your crank case...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there was a hose connected from the cai to the valve cover, i just didnt use the stock hose that goes from the airbox, but i connected the stock to the cai hose today

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i covered all the visable steel braided lines with wire loom, and a huge wire loom the cover the nozzle and the two lines

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
uhm, i went to the junk yard and got it from old cars b/c i wanted them to look dirty and old so people would think that it came with the car, and plus i got it for free :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts