Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Canon addict
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this stuff last year.

i first applied the HD-Cleanse (pre-wax cleaner) to the hole car.which takes out all the swirles and scratches,plus sets the paint up ready for the wax.

then i applied the Japon Wax .cuz my teg is a japanese import i had to get the japon stuff(hence the name),which small loooovly.

doing both of these took me all day(8 hours i think).i do the wax about twice a year.heres how it turned out after the first application.

:)
this is the BEST wax i have ever used.when it rain's the water beades off very fast.its amazing to watch when driving.

i am never going to use polish on my car again. :shooting:

ps.if the pics are too small then i'll get bigger ones

·
Canon addict
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
freekboy said:
how much does that japon stuff cost
i sent off for a pack called STARTER KIT which has...
1 - 8.5 ounces of HD-Cleance
1 - 8.5 ounces of clear(there own shampoo)
1 - 8 ounces of wax(all are made from natritive oils and Brizilian Carnauba)the 8 ounce tub will last ages.
1 - wax applicator
2 - pre-wax applicators
1 - wicro wipe(a cotton towal for buffing)
1 - 5 ounce of vinyl(this is treatment for all the dashboard and anything vinyl)best stuff ive ever used for that job.
all this was for £89.99(which i know is alot of money)but you get what you pay for,so it was worlth it.

check out this site to see and read about all the range that Zymol has to offer
http://www.sportscarworld.ltd.uk

and heres another pic

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I don't see any pics. :(

I bought a jar of that stuff and I found it was impossible to work with. I don't know, the wax just never came to a haze so it was impossible to buff out. :dontknow: I might try it again during the summer, but chances are I'll be using Meguiar's NXT...if I can find some! :)

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Personally:
I hate Zymol.

Anyone who markets a waxed based on the country that your car is manufactured in... gah... it's retarded.

Creme & Carbon = Okay, light and dark cars. That makes sense
Japon, Volvo, Saab = What the hell? So Volvo and Saab are special... and all Jap cars have the same paint?

Then you got Z3, Jaguar, and NSX glazes...

And then you got Concours, Destiny, Atlantique and Vintage, which cost hundreds of dollars a jar... it's marketing madness I tell you... MADNESS!!! :laughing:

·
Canon addict
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
each to there own there mate :dontknow:

believe me ive tried loads and loads of diffarent waxes,polishes etc etc.

this stuff is IMO the best ive used.its just getting used to how to use it(dont let it go hazzy)thats when it becomes a sod to work with.

surley a wax that stays on the paintwork for a long long time is worlth the money.and by seeing the end resolt is even more worlth it.

i know where your coming from about how much it cost.pay for what you get i spose(you dont go to your local shop and buy something really cheep,aiming for the same resolts now do you)

·
Registered
637 Posts
While I really don't dig any zymol waxes, if I believe that if it works for then use it.

I bet if I put meguiars #26 or s100 right beside your zymol, nobody could tell the difference. Though all last step products have minute differences in the final appearance of the paint, PREP is what really determines 95% of the overall look. Just my .02

Car looks nice, I wish the pics were a little bigger.

·
Canon addict
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what zymol does

final one(i downgraded these pics cuz they were very big)

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
blackteg said:
this stuff is IMO the best ive used.its just getting used to how to use it(dont let it go hazzy)thats when it becomes a sod to work with.
I find that that particular product is a greasy mess to work with, and I've never had it reach a point where it's hazed. It just kind of sat there and was impossible to remove due to the greasy factor. Maybe it's b/c I was waxing on a super hot day and in direct sunlight. :laughing: Still, I had no problem finishing up the car with Gold Class, so not sure.

I can, however, speak highly for Zymol cleaner wax, that stuff is awesome. Easy to use, easy to remove...superior shine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Frosty said:
Black cars are so nice and shiny with a good wax job :D :thumbsup:
So are our blue cars. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts