Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Type R rep for my 03 RSX and I am debating on whether or not to paint it. Before it gets here and I have the chance to test fit it to make my decision, I was wondering if any of you had any pics of an NBP with an unpainted Type R lip. Search just keeps pulling up market place threads.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It will look fine from a distance. But not up close, you will be able to tell. And a lot of times the lips have color imperfections or uneven color which makes it noticeable. Just get it painted

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Duplicolor does sell paint match nhbp in cans, and if you take your time it can come out great. It's cheap and easy to do.. That's always an option until you can save up for a professional paint job

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It came in and I mounted it. I may still paint it, but I actually like the unpainted look. The color is surprisingly even too. :D

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts

Per your request... Don't mind the damage on the lip, but its an ITR rep front lip on my type s. I have an a-spec awaiting paint before I put it on.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
That an ebay piece?
Yes... EBay kit. Front and sides. The rear did NOT fit at all, so its still bnib. I got an OEM a-spec rear awaiting paint as well. The ITR front lip fell off the day iI installed it and got damaged. I remounted it better and had no issues since. Been on for 2 years now

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

Per your request... Don't mind the damage on the lip, but its an ITR rep front lip on my type s. I have an a-spec awaiting paint before I put it on.
How was the fitment on the sides.??? Been thinking of getting the type r sides off eBay but haven't really been able to find any good reviews on their fitment.. I've got both my mugen front and rear lip off eBay and fitment was pretty good..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine is holding up well, but does need some more forming to the front of the bumper. I'm going to add brackets to the underside to reinforce the shape since I don't have a heat gun; but it still looks great and even stood up againts one of those pesky parking spot curbs.

That headlight haze is being intensified by the direct sunlight. :dontknow:

hashtaglensflare

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I would honestly go pic up some of that paint match and spray the lip. Would look a lot better

This is how it came out on my mugen wing base's. A few coats of primer, paint and 2 coats of clear
[/URL]

·
Banned
3,173 Posts
Mine is holding up well, but does need some more forming to the front of the bumper. I'm going to add brackets to the underside to reinforce the shape since I don't have a heat gun; but it still looks great and even stood up againts one of those pesky parking spot curbs.

That headlight haze is being intensified by the direct sunlight. :dontknow:

hashtaglensflare

lip looks too straight. You try messing with it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lip looks too straight. You try messing with it?
I messed with it for 30 minutes with a hairdryer inside my warm house. I looked like a fool doing it. :laughing:

The bottom of the lip wants to sit flush with the bottom of the bumper (sans the stock lip that broke off). So I'm going to add that extra hardware and borrow a heat gun to get it nice and maleable.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
How did the front fit, good? Waiting to put mine on once winter is over.
Front fit just fine... No issues at all other than not mounting it securely the first time. Get some 3M tape to hold the middle on and used the tap screws at the ends into the bumper

How was the fitment on the sides.??? Been thinking of getting the type r sides off eBay but haven't really been able to find any good reviews on their fitment.. I've got both my mugen front and rear lip off eBay and fitment was pretty good..
Figment on the sides were decent. I only had to sand one of them to get over the stock side skirts. they slip right on and just screw them in with tap screws on the sides.

·
Du ma
2,238 Posts
Duplicolor does sell paint match nhbp in cans, and if you take your time it can come out great. It's cheap and easy to do.. That's always an option until you can save up for a professional paint job
I agree! All I bought was a bottle of sandable primer, NHBP, and clear coat all for ~$22 ($5-7 a can).
All you have to have is time and patience! This was the first thing I ever rattle canned, and this is how it turned out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts