Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys post pics of your rides, how come you black out your license plates?

Just curious...

:dontknow:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Because if some guy thinks you're a fucking asshole then he can get your plate number, go to his buddy at the DMV, and find out your home address. That's why. ;)

·
Dead again.
2,672 Posts
Hrm, thats a good point, but then again hundreds of people see my plate driving around. I guess I just can't be a jerk on the boards!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't care, if people see it when I am driving around. But i dont really like to post it online. I don't want people to be able to easily connect me to my online posts. Honda America and Dealerships do read these forums.

·
///elitist prick
48,951 Posts
if i take a pic, i hide the other's plates. i don't care if you guys see mine. what's stopping everyone else on the street to look up my plate and get my info? i don't see the big deal, nor do i act like a big enough ass that anyone would fuck with me (i would hope not, anyway). besides... i just got a new D.A.R.E. plate (black, white and red) to match the black car, and nobody's seen it yet ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Diesel Trout said:
When you guys post pics of your rides, how come you black out your license plates?

Just curious...

:dontknow:
Too many assholes out in the world, and I don't have enough bullets to do a thorough cleaning of the gene pool. :laughing:

Like 02RSXTYPES said, if they got your plate number, they could get their buddy at the DMV to look it up and they'll know EXACTLY where you live. Call me paranoid. :D

Unfortunately, this site doesn't require registration just to look at the forums. Anybody and everybody could log in here and see what you've posted, and if you've posted pics, they'll be able to see that too.

In reality I'm not excessively paranoid. I'm watchful, yes. Paranoid? No. The way I see it, if I were to post about my new XYZ part that I just installed here, if a dishonest person who knew my plate number had access to the DMV's systems, they could then relinquish my ownership of that part.

Remember, there's nothing wrong with being overly cautious, espeically in this day and age. There's way too many assholes out on the streets.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Link isn't working. Looks like their site is down.

G

·
no you dont, check the link again it worked for me. by the way, i think people block out their license plates because they wish they had new jersey plates like me. ha

·
Registered
466 Posts
HUmm.... I'm getting a 404 error.

Strange..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts