Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Superman
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to run this setup next summer but am curious as to how it will look and whether or not I'll need to roll my fenders in the back. I currently have the Mugen SS with about a 1.5 finger gap in the rear. The Mugen SS tends to sag a bit in the rear if I put weight in the trunk or have passengers in the back so I've heard that with the wheel specs specified, I will likely need to roll my fenders. I'm also wondering if even after my fenders are rolled, will my tires rub when I have weight in the back? (tire size 225/45/17) I do not want to run any negative camber in the rear either.

Please post pictures of your car if you're running this setup or something very close to it. Thanks! :)

·
Superman
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think you will have any problems with 17x8s i am running 17x8 Work Emotions in the rear and am a lot lower on Buddy Club N+s
Thanks for the input. What's the offset of your wheels? And are you running any negative camber? My concern is that I will rub with heavy weight in the trunk when running on stock camber settings at a +30 offset.

·
Registered
815 Posts
my offset is +47 which i know is almost dead on to stock offset which is +45 i believe. It doesnt sound like your that low so you would have to throw in a lot of weight to get the rear close to the fenders. I am not running much camber i know it is within spec.

·
Superman
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my offset is +47 which i know is almost dead on to stock offset which is +45 i believe. It doesnt sound like your that low so you would have to throw in a lot of weight to get the rear close to the fenders. I am not running much camber i know it is within spec.
Ah, that's why you don't worry about rubbing. With +47, your tires won't be too close to the fender anyways. I plan to run 17x8 with a +30 offset AND on stock camber settings. That's why I'm concerned that if my rear sags a bit, the fenders will rub with the tires.

·
Registered
817 Posts
With 17x8 +30 I think you'll be fine. I'm running 17x9 +33 with 255/40 tires. My rear camber is -1.5 which is still within oem spec. My rear fenders are rolled of course but I think with 17x8 with 225 tires it should fit really easily. I'm also lower than you so I'm pretty sure you won't have any issues.

·
Superman
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With 17x8 +30 I think you'll be fine. I'm running 17x9 +33 with 255/40 tires. My rear camber is -1.5 which is still within oem spec. My rear fenders are rolled of course but I think with 17x8 with 225 tires it should fit really easily. I'm also lower than you so I'm pretty sure you won't have any issues.
Thanks a lot for your input!

I've already decided that with 17x8 +30 and stock camber settings, I will roll my fenders. My only concern is whether or not I will still rub when I have passengers in the back or have load in the trunk.

·
Registered
817 Posts
It definitely won't rub if you roll the rears. I used to rub in the back pretty bad with a full car but after a few thousand miles my tires slightly pushed out the fenders enough. With your setup therr shouldnt be any worries. Post up pics when everything is installed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts