Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
What The Problem Is?
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to tint my car this spring. I am thinking of a light tint. 10-20 %
Can u post pics of ur ride with tinted windows to help me make up my mind as to what % i will be going with. Please also list ur tint %.
Thanx

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
this is 20%

Attachments

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
i have dubble limo .. custom blue tint.. to match my car.... i had it done a year ago and it still look's 100% ..... but the pic that is hear is when the sun was hitting it.. soo it my not look 100% match ..but it is..... :blah:

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
MightyMouse said:
with a dark interior and no light shining through you shouldnt be able to see through 20 it would be even hard to see through 35
Oops, should have phrased it better, but it was good to know
I meant when u are driving, can u see through your rear mirror, and look through the windows to the side mirrors w/ 20%?

·
Registered
636 Posts
you will see cars behind you cause they will have there lights on but as far as backing up goes and stuff yes it is a little tougher

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is 15%. It is called "Cool Chrome." It is a really good tint job.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
hey guys maybe try posting some interior pictures of tints instead of all just exteriors :) I wanna tint too but really don't wanna hamper my driving just to look good. why are smartwindows so expensive???? hehe

·
What The Problem Is?
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MightyMouse said:
Dude just go get 15-20's you wont be dissapointed
Prob is i want light. I saw an RSX at the Auto Show in Chicago and it had the tint color that i wanted. I think the dealership said it was like 10%.
I like a very light tight not too dark, but i also want to see dark just in case.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Dude 10 isnt light 10 is dark so either you or the dealer dont know what you are talking about limo is 5% if you want light you want 40ish. look at my pics on the site i posted those are 20.

·
What The Problem Is?
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MightyMouse said:
Dude 10 isnt light 10 is dark so either you or the dealer dont know what you are talking about limo is 5% if you want light you want 40ish. look at my pics on the site i posted those are 20.
I am a noob when it comes to tints.....I thought 10% meant 10% of the window is tinted (10% darkness).

·
What The Problem Is?
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RSX_AZ said:
i have dubble limo .. custom blue tint.. to match my car.... i had it done a year ago and it still look's 100% ..... but the pic that is hear is when the sun was hitting it.. soo it my not look 100% match ..but it is..... :blah:
Like he stated his is 100%. I am assuming he meant darkness :dontknow:

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
10% means 10% light gets thru = dark. i was looking in the 20% area for all 5 windows.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts