Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
04 NHBP-S
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly, hello everyone! I'm new to the dc5 scene as well as this board.

A little background, I owned a cd5 honda accord for 5 years, it was a basic bolt on swapped car that was stanced. I had been looking at getting into something newer, with more functionality on the track. I had always liked the dc5, and a couple months ago I found an extremely clean stock one for 6k and knew i had to get it.

~160k miles with some subtle mods. Still daily driven

Now onto the upcoming build.

Future plans: (red complete) (bought, pending install)

Progress rear sway bar
Hawk hps pads
Innovative 75a mounts
Blackhoused headlights
Mugen Spoiler
Mugen rear lip + js racing rear diffuser
Aspec front lip + v lip
Aspec sides +top 1 sides
Ktuned shifter
Weighted shift knob
DC5R Recaros / Bride or Recaro buckets
Takata Harnesses
Roll Bar
Tl-S brembos
Bc racing extreme drop 10k/16k w/ swift springs
Ingalls poly rear camber kit
Work cr-kai / Algernon intelesse / Work vs-xx - 18x9 +20
RPF1 17x9 +35
Project kics Lug nuts
AEM cold air intake
Ktuned Header
Invidia q300 catback
ported RBC intake
Kpro
Drag Cartel drop in cam

My end goal is a functional daily / occasional auto x car. And maybe some fun on the curvys here. I'll still be actively researching before every purchase, and the upgrades will come over the next year. I hope to be ready for autox by next season

·
04 NHBP-S
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The black headlights are going to make a huge difference!
I can't wait honestly. They are going on in a couple hours. I'll take pictures after I install them.

I think the innovative mounts will make a huge performance improvement while the headlights will be huge appearance change

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Whether you're going OEM or poly, replace those bad mounts quick. I had a diff gear break on me recently, which took out a nice chunk of the transmission case; my only guess is that my bad mounts allowed too much axle movement until things were stressed too far.

But welcome to the Club! I'm digging your plans... and I'm an Accord guy myself. Used to have a swapped CB sedan, now I'm dailying a base RSX while I work towards a wagon. RSX suddenly needs a suspension overhaul though, so I'm doing much the same as you are as I touch on other things at the same time. Good luck with yours.

·
04 NHBP-S
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whether you're going OEM or poly, replace those bad mounts quick. I had a diff gear break on me recently, which took out a nice chunk of the transmission case; my only guess is that my bad mounts allowed too much axle movement until things were stressed too far.

But welcome to the Club! I'm digging your plans... and I'm an Accord guy myself. Used to have a swapped CB sedan, now I'm dailying a base RSX while I work towards a wagon. RSX suddenly needs a suspension overhaul though, so I'm doing much the same as you are as I touch on other things at the same time. Good luck with yours.
That's crazy, I've never heard of a bad mount destroying a transmission but I could see that. I'll have the mounts on the first week of May. I'm excited and not excited at the same time. I'm worried the 75a is going to have annoying vibrations.

I had a 96 5 speed swapped stanced on fnf an of 527s just basic daily stuff.

·
04 NHBP-S
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's been awhile since i've updated this thread

Got the blackhoused headlights on, As well as the innovative mounts.

I've also started stashing stuff for when spring rolls around

I'm just keeping my eye out for parts that come up for sale that are on the list. I'd really like a set of fortune auto 500's by the end of the winter, but they discontinued them until further notice

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
:rain:

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
spring plans for me too, good luck with the deals

see you at the finish line:fistbump: the journey of a 1000mi starts with a single step. I got all my stuff on "deals"

·
04 NHBP-S
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bought my coilovers today. No pictures yet, 1 month build time.

Anyway, onto the specs. Bc racing BR Extreme low, swift springs, 10k/16k

·
04 NHBP-S
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My newest purchases. Wheels are coming next week. Not sure when I will install them though.

Got a blox 490g weighted knob. I love it. I've got the shift boot adapter just have to put it on one day when I'm off work

·
Super Moderator
23,887 Posts
Nice work so far. BC coils on Swift springs nice choice

·
04 NHBP-S
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Picture dump. Rolled my fenders yesterday. Went pretty smooth, I was worried I'd chip the paint but all was well.

I went with rpf1 17x9 +35, with bf goodrich g-force sport comp 2- 240/40/17. The basic setup I've been seeing a lot of guys running. The fitment of the tires looks perfect. Coilovers and wheels should be going on either tomorrow or next week.

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,759 Posts
Can't go wrong with 17x9 setup. :thumbsup:

I've been wanting to run that size but I really don't want to roll my fenders or remove my fender liners. And I'm pretty low. Already rubbing on stock 17x7.

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
looking forward to pics of the rim setup

i want to switch my front works from 18*7.5 +48 to 17*9 +32 on Aspec drop for a softer ride and more grip, but need to know how it clears everything I dont want to pull anything or remove fender plastic.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts