Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all,

Sorry new to the forum and I searched around. I am having a issue removing my pilot bushing, can anyone give me some tips. I tried WD 40 with flathead and packing grease to force the bushing out but it still wouldn't budge.
Any help be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
23,792 Posts
you don't need it anymore so you can use a small chisel and break it out. It's a lightweight aluminum ring breaks easy. I've done that many times. Or they make a pilot bushing tool but it never worked for me.

Or I use a 90* needle nose head pliers and pull it out.

If you had a new one look at it you'll see it's not a solid ring. Look for the point where it opens and aim there.

·
Super Moderator
23,792 Posts
I literally carefully just kinda smash the ring when I get frustrated and then grab it with pliers and bend it out. I'm replacing it with a new one so no need to worry about breaking it. Just don't damage the crank. Thats why I said a small one. Sometimes just a good flat head screw driver and hammer. Like I said find the gap point in the ring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the bushing need to get reinstalled? Got a friend that has done plenty of rebuilds on k series and he just doesn’t replace it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts