Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pinnacle souveran carnuba paste wax...

who here has used/tried this wax? it says it is a must for dark colored cars but at $70 for 8 oz, i want to hear your opinions. ive read some over at autopia.org and got good reviews but would like to hear from you guys. also, before applying the wax, would it be okay to clay, then polish with megs #83 and then #82? i would skip the megs #7 glaze since this wax should shine like no other.

·
Car Care Extraordinaire
2,148 Posts
I've never used it but I hear and read that its awesome on black cars. I wouldn't mind buying it but I hear its not durable at all, and don't have time to be applying it once a month. Some people on Autopia argue that the formula for Pinnacle Souveran is the same as Top of the Line's Trade Secret. Honestly theres probably no way you'd be able to tell unless you knew what was going in between the two companies. For me with all the new sealants out there, I'd rather use one that combines durability and still give a nice deep look. Right now I have Poorboy's EX, and 4* Ultimate Paint Protection; from what I hear they have good durability with a "carnuaba" look to it. I'm also hearing good things about Meguiar's newer synthetic sealant; Meguiar's #21. If you "have" to have a carnuaba paste and don't want to spend the money Poorboy's just reformulated Natty's, now called Natty's Blue. Suppose to be very comparable to Souveran for a 1/4 of the price. Not sure if you saw this thread on Autopia but they talk about the very subltle differences...
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60490&highlight=souveran+nattys

btw if your still considering Pinnacle Souveran this is the cheapest place i've seen it... http://steeringwheel.com/waxes.html

Or if your interested in TOL's Trade Secret or Poorboy's Natty's Blue you can get them at... http://pakshak.com

Happy Detailing :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
souveran will make your car dripping wet and glow like a marble. looks damn nice but imho it is more of a show wax than anything as it is not very durable.
cheaper alternatives are #16(if you can find it), #26, nattys, p21s/s100

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. im really not sure if i should purchase this, i mean $70 for wax???? i think for now ill keep using my #26 and i think next up will be menzerna lineup

·
2,848 Posts
I always thought Souveran was the same thing as S100?

If I had a black car I would probably go the Zaino route.

Black + Zaino = :thumbsup:

·
Registered
933 Posts
zaino looks good and has excellent durability. What other wax gives you 3-6 months?? However i doubt the shine will equal Souveran.

·
missing in action
6,064 Posts
03K20A2 said:
thanks guys. im really not sure if i should purchase this, i mean $70 for wax???? i think for now ill keep using my #26 and i think next up will be menzerna lineup
u can find it for 50...
and souverian is not s100. ur thinking p21s and s100.. they are bascially the smae from whatn i've heard..

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found it for $50, i think im gonna try nattys blue. there too many awesome products out there

·
Car = Stock back in 2004
1,630 Posts
i use it all the time.. it very very good.. but get TOL Trade Secret Wax.. its the same stuff, and i think its only 40 bucks.. just repackaged with different name.

·
2,848 Posts
03K20A2 said:
i found it for $50, i think im gonna try nattys blue. there too many awesome products out there
Finally going to give Poorboy's a try eh? :thumbsup:

I don't think you will be dissapointed.

SSR 2.5 is amazing for swirl removal

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im just gonna use nattys blue, i still have a lot of megs #83, #82

·
Car Care Extraordinaire
2,148 Posts
03K20A2 said:
im just gonna use nattys blue, i still have a lot of megs #83, #82
Thats a good idea, for the value Natty's Blue is a no brainer. :p
I'd also recommend Poorboy's Polish w/ Carnuaba Blue if you can spend a little bit more. I'm sure you wont be disappointed with it, as I know I'm already half way done with my bottle of the original. Here's a couple cars detailed with just PwC Blue and Natty's Blue at the Poorboy's meet...
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58347&highlight=blue+nattys

Be sure to post up some pictures, seeing how we have the same color RSX, i'm curious to see how Natty's Blue looks on it. I think later on in the year or next spring, i'll probably get some TOL Trade Secret; but until then I need to use up the rest of my stock. I still have Poorboy's EX-P, EX, 4* Ultimate Paint Protection and a little bit of P21s left :spin:

btw...nice to see you posting on Autopia...get the wallet ready though, you soon become addicted. ;)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The guy that owns that GSR does amazing detailing work. He posts his detailing jobs on autopia and they are first class.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JaCkaL829 said:
Thats a good idea, for the value Natty's Blue is a no brainer. :p
I'd also recommend Poorboy's Polish w/ Carnuaba Blue if you can spend a little bit more. I'm sure you wont be disappointed with it, as I know I'm already half way done with my bottle of the original. Here's a couple cars detailed with just PwC Blue and Natty's Blue at the Poorboy's meet...
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58347&highlight=blue+nattys

Be sure to post up some pictures, seeing how we have the same color RSX, i'm curious to see how Natty's Blue looks on it. I think later on in the year or next spring, i'll probably get some TOL Trade Secret; but until then I need to use up the rest of my stock. I still have Poorboy's EX-P, EX, 4* Ultimate Paint Protection and a little bit of P21s left :spin:

btw...nice to see you posting on Autopia...get the wallet ready though, you soon become addicted. ;)
i saw that thread, those cars look great. this is gonna be my process for my next detail:
wash dawn
clay meguiars & quik detailer
wash blackfire shampoo
polish megs #82 w/ lc white polishing pad
glaze megs #7 w/ lc black glazing pad
wax megs #26 w/ lc red finishing pad
wax by hand nattys blue

1 - 17 of 17 Posts